The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Computer Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicPhil 99
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MagicPhil 99
I've been thinking of doing magic with unusual things and I was wondering if there is any magic you can do on a PC. I think I read somewhere that 'Tricks' by David Ben has some tricks using computers, is this true and does anyone else recommend this book? Or is there anywhere else where there are 'PC' tricks?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
RancidClone
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of RancidClone
If you're talking about using technology to help you do tricks then I think it's a good idea and I've always wondered how much you can do.

If you're talking about computer magic (where computer might say pick a card, etc) then I wouldn't think it's that fascinating to be quite honest.
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Alex Elmsley had a package out some years back ,that had a some very good effects on using your pc.I'll have to look through my Magic and Linking Ring magazines again to tell you the name of this package.
Andre
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Penguin magic has something with a CD Rom. The demo video looks kinda cool but it is not my cup of tea and I can not tell you if it is good or not. It is called Magic Interactive by Haim Goldenberg.
I got the link on an e-mail a while ago and I don't know if they still have it.
pedrothegreat
View Profile
New user
Southampton - UK
50 Posts

Profile of pedrothegreat
I have seen some tricks sent on emails before. for example there is the one where you have five cards on the screen, you pick one (mentally) and press submit. magically the card you picked disappeared (or something like that anyway). If that is the sort of stuff you are on about then there must be something about on the net as they are going around.

personally I am not impressed as it is obvioulsy a computer program so in my mind cannot be magic. from a non magicians point of view (as I was a few months ago) then I was always more impressed with humans doing magic as it seemed much more magical than a computer program. Plus with a computer program you could redo the trick as many times as you wanted and figure it out pretty easily.
pedrothegreat

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public

don't have a magic website but i have a cool car styling website at www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The software from Penguin is different as you still perform the magic you just use the computer as a platform. The Demo video is pretty cool but again as I said it is just not for me. Check it out maybe you like it.
pasharabbit
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of pasharabbit
I found this site that predicts a card you picked mentally. http://www.petrix.com/magic/ I've also seen sites where you pick time and the computer asks a couple of questions and tells you the time. Use google or alltheweb for more sites. I think you could apply a few mentalist selfworking type tricks to a computer. The tricks would probably be along the lines of mentally pick something ... Math tricks would also be good candidates. With a computer you have to limit the amount of information the computer gets from a user to work.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
This link's appeared in the Secret Session before under Google Finds Your Card. It's computer magic and mentalism at its best - http://www.krazydad.com/bondoogle/
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
David Gardener
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, New Zealand
53 Posts

Profile of David Gardener
Stephen Tucker from the UK had a really interesting prediction effect (in one of his 1999 lectures) with a 3.5' diskette, may be worth checking out.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Wow, I really liked the google card trick!
Really cool
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I am a programmer, and I know that you can do anything with a software, so it's not magical for me. And also for laymen, because everyone knows that everything is possible with computers. But I think that you can use the computer in some original way to help your effects. For example, you can have a JPG of a forced card as your screen saver. Set it to came up in, let's say, 5 minutes. Schedule the time of your trick, and let the computer perform the magic and find the card of the spectator... then, palming the real card, put your hand on the screen, touch the mouse so the screen saver goes away, and reveal the card as you have take it out of the screen Smile

Davide

PS: I'm going to create a similare effect with Magicap
where the cap is lost into the monitor, you move it inside the monitor with your hands, and then take it out and over the pen again Smile
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
There is an ONLINE POLYGRAPH that will reveal a chosen card. Best part is the spec works the mouse so there is no obvious sign of any trickery. I have used this with a Marked Deck and really blew them away because they freely selected a card (no force) and I never saw it and they showed it to NO ONE but the PC revealed their selection 100% everytime!

IPOLYGRAPH

You need the instructions to make it work HERE

This is one of my favorites in an office or a home with a PC.
swee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of swee
I saw 1 that is done with the micro**** word , it is quite funny, but I don't know how to do it, it was done by my friend
boomassacre
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of boomassacre
Not impressed
I'm telling you the truth, I swear....
tenofclubs
View Profile
New user
Boston, Massachusetts
10 Posts

Profile of tenofclubs
I downloaded a program called 'the psychic rabbit' for my treo 600 (palm pilot bascally) phone. It is the layout 7 cards and the rabbit removes the one you selected type of trick. I used it once as a quick trick "for something diffrent" in the middle of other tricks. It worked well. But they were not overlly impressed. Just something that was good for a really quick hit in between more serious card work. Nice to have just to catch people off guard. But if I had to load it on my PC? I doubt I would have reason to do that. Seems pretty contrived. Like hey come over here in front of my monitor, ok now wait for a minute while I load this thing up... seems a bit weak. Oh just found the link to the Magic Rabbit software http://www.freewarepalm.com/misc/thepsychicrabbit.shtml
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I like playing with Metascope, but have not used it with anyone other than wifey.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
MagicDan21
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of MagicDan21
I find computer magic mathmatical and boring, the only ones I've come across are the 'click which pile your card is in' type of tricks and of course, it gets it :-/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Computer Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL