The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » healed and sealed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

judd
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of judd
Where can I see a demo of this trick, does anybody know where I can download it and also can you give me your opinion on this trick. Thanks
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
I could not find a demo when I went looking a week ago. I broke down and bought it right from Anders Modens. What a great trick. I beleive it's absolutely worth the 12 bucks to download the .pdf. Worth every cent!

After purchasing, trust me... you won't need a demo.
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
If you taped David Blaine's "Vertigo" TV special you'll see it there. He performs a very weak handling of the trick for a couple picnicking in the park.

I'm not aware of anyone posting an online demo yet.
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
I'd like to see a decent demo of this (I've not even seen Blaine's) as, to date, I've been pretty unsuccessful in getting it to work well.

... but that's probably just me.
judd
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of judd
where do you suggest to post this, is what the diff.between anders moden and the original, by the way can he can be examined. 1 - 10 rate the trick, thanks
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Well, it's been debated whether or not this topic should be on the street magic or restaurant magic boards (or more likely "The Good, the Bad, and the Garbage"), but I think we can all agree that Healed and Sealed is not a card trick, so maybe one of the mods would like to move the thread.

Judd, I'd rate this a 7 out of 10. I rate it this low only because, for me personally, it's not a trick I use very often -- there's never an appropriate situation, and if there is, I'm rarely in a position to rig a can ahead of time. But that's just me. Others find this trick far more valuable, and might rate it an 8 or 9. The general consensus on Café threads has been that it's worth getting. It's a good trick, and is very easy to do. Presentation is key to the effect.

If you can find an appropriate situation for H&S, you'll be able to knock people's socks off. Just keep in mind that the trick can't be performed exactly as Blaine does it in Vertigo. You can't just go up to someone and refill their pop/beer can -- the can needs preparation ahead of time.

But the advance preparation doesn't take long. Without revealing the secret, I can tell you that, in addition to the can, you need to carry two small items with you. Both can be carried in your wallet or pocket. Then, a quick trip to the restroom will enable you to set things up; it should take no more than 30 seconds, if you work quickly.

It's worth getting. Even though I don't use the trick that often, I'm glad I paid the $12 for it. Just one opportunity to freak people out makes the purchase worthwhile.

Make sure you get Anders Moden's version. It's the original (Repop is a knock-off), and the best. Anders only started selling the trick because others had copied it and were making money from his creation. It's always best, in my opinion, to support the true originator of a trick.
secondbaseman
View Profile
Loyal user
Amsterdam
225 Posts

Profile of secondbaseman
i got a demo vid of the trick but i am at work right now i will post it as soon as i get home

greetings niels

ps the trick is worht the money

greetings niels
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Yes, post a video demo! Yes, move this topic!
kermitthefrog
View Profile
Regular user
France
128 Posts

Profile of kermitthefrog
Don't worry about the demo. Trust me: it's fabulous. You pick up a soda can that appears to be spent and is crushed in the middle. It comes "uncrunched" as you hold it, regaining its original shape; then you show it suddenly is sealed at the top; then you pop the seal (audibly and visually) and pour a drink from the can. What I just said is what you would see on a demo -- and it is what in fact happens, and what you will be doing ten minutes after you receive the manuscript. The only catch is that the can requires a bit of non-difficult preparation; the trick can't be done impromptu with someone else's can. It nevertheless is one of the least disappointing magic tricks I have ever purchased (for $13!), and a must-own. Buy it direct from Anders Modens.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I might also suggest you consider Tim Ellis' lecture notes "24 Years of living next door to Ellis". He includes an authorized version of the Modens' trick with some additional ideas that you may find worthwhile.

Later.....
Steve
fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
I've been reading about this trick on here for the last month or so. I am intrigued! I have decided to spend the $12 or so and get the instructions. Everyone seems to have said that it's pretty easy to set up and do, so I'm going to go for it. I hope I'm not disappointed!
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
112 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Definitely worth every Penny. Have been doing this one for only a week and the reactions I've been getting are priceless. And because David Blaine has the exclusive television rights to this trick through 2005, that also means it's secret won't be exposed on television either... well at least not unitl 2006.

Leo Martin
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
I bought H & S and absolutely love it, Mr Blaine definitely did us a favour by preventing it from being exposed on TV. I have a clip of him demonstrating H&S from Vertigo on my comp. Not to sure on how to upload it to a server, so PM me and we can work out something (maybe transfer through ICQ etc) Smile
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
John
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of John
I agree. Strong, straightforward visual magic. It fulfulls so may difficult and valuable requirements - ordinary object, examinable, visual, stunning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » healed and sealed? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL