The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Here we are - my first show for adults! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I hope this is the right place to post this. If ot, please could one of the moderators move this post?

On Wednesday I will have my first performance for adults - in fact, for a ladies club. They invited my to perform there, so I was working the last weeks on my act.

Here are the effects:

1. Bankers Night (from Osterlinds Mind Mysteries Vol.1)

2. A 3-Number Prediction, using the device "Heart of Gold" by Mikame. 3 spectators will choose their favorite number.

3. Banacheks "Invisible Palm Top"; since Palms are not so common in Germany, I will do the effect simply with a book. Basically, it is an effect where I present a prediction of a umber and a word completely free chosen by two spectators.

4. "A trick for O´Brien" by Michael Close; a card trick with a prediction of a chosen card.

5. "El CHeapo Magic Club" by Michael Close

6. Color Monte with my own story (a quicky before I finish with...)

7. Dream of Aces

I have read here in the forum that women like mentalism more than card magic, that is why I included the first 4 effects. Color Monte always gets a good reaction, so I want to perform this one. And I have shown "Dream of Aces to some (female) friends, and they loves it, so this is why I want to close with it.

What do you think? Ay suggestions?

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
No suggestions but I'd like to know how it went over. Anything you'd chnge in the future, anything that floored them? How were you received? What did the experience teach you? And thanks in advance for your responses.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I think the ladies had a lot of fun... Smile

I was a little bit nervous, but it was because I knew some of them, and I was under pressure to do a good job....

Well, the show was about 45 minutes. All the effects were well received, they laughed when I made my jokes (I don´t make many, because I don´t want to be a comedy magician), and I managed not to blow up one of the effects.

I started with Bank Night. We had some fun, and I bought a lottery ticket for the last envelope that one of the ladies had chosen. They liked that (the lottery ticket was for the whole club).
Then I made a three-number-prediction with the "Heart of Gold". After the show they told me they like this as well, but I had some problems in loading the prediction into the device. I fumbled a little bit, and I thought they cought me, but they didn´t. They gasped after one of them opened the device and found the three predicted numbers.
Next was Banacheks "Invisible Palm Top", but with an invisible book. This was very well received! They talked especially about this effect after the show, and we had a lot of fun with the invisible book....
"A trick for O´Brien" got exactly the reactions I was hoping for. After I opened my prediction which said "You will not pick an Ace" they were absolutely not impressed - and they told me. But then I showed them that ALL cards were Aces!
After the show I had been told that "El Cheapo Magic Club" was the best effect of all (after the effect with the invisible book). I used the patter of Micheal Close, it was funny, the outcome for them was unpredictable, and after opening the box everybody was only shaking their heads.
Color Monte is one of my favorite effects, and after revealing the last card I heard: "What"????
My last effect was "Dream of Aces". I first asked them whether they knew how magicians find cards. I told them we guess.... and then "discovered" the four Aces. Then I vanished them (at this point they were watching really close), and then the aces reappeared. With this effect I floored them.

And that´s my report!

Magixx
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Congratulations, sounds like the performance went well. I am just learning right now, and practicing whenever I am able. Break a leg. A bit early for your next performance, but hey, break a leg anyway.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Thanks man!

Magixx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Here we are - my first show for adults! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL