The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Engraving a Porper Clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Has anyone had their Porper clip personalized or engraved with some clever saying or catch phrase? I'm thinking about having mine engraved with a cool logo or something.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
dk
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dk
Why would you want to do such a thing? It would surely detract from the value of the device!
magiCAD
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
166 Posts

Profile of magiCAD
How do you figure dk? Unless you want to resell it, I think that is a marvelous idea.

-Rich
-Rich
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Be on the look-out for a very limited release from Joe Porper. He has a limited number of his fantastic card clips engraved with two different VERNON images. They are very classy! The images are being used with the full permission of the Vernon estate.

BTW, I receive no consideration for this statement.

Regards,

Paul Green
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Why would anyone want Dai vernon on their card Clip though?

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
I want Micheal Ammar in my topit tho .. So he can help me produce a wine bottle
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Ford offered his model T in any color you wanted as long as it was black. See how long that lasted. It is just a taste thing. I think a elegant engraving or monogram would look cool.

Any company with a laser engraving machine can help you out.

Kirk
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
"I" engraved "my name" on mine, because I would never sell it...why would you? Even if someday I became a living legend, it would be worth something, but not if it was buried with me!. Smile

<<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
A Paper Clip?! Why would anyone go to the trouble of engraving their name on a stinkin' paper clip?!

Oh, you mean a PORPER CLIP...

Never mind. Smile

(I really need to see an opthamologist...)
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
"Playing with a full deck.....mostly" is engaraved on mine! Smile
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
And to top it off, you'll be supporting those hard working engravers out there!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
For about 40 years I have carried my cards in a custom-made leather case. It has 4 Aces on one side and my name on the other side. A guy in the bar at the Magic Cellar in San Francisco made this for me. He also made one for Fred Kaps.

It is olde and beat up, but I love it... It has rough stitching and a very "hand made" look to it.

When I bring it out and remove the cards I say something like, "I don't do cards much...." this gets a chuckle and I go on from there.

I also use a Porper Clip for decks I want to KEEP LIKE NEW.

Two of the Vernon clips will be donated to the Magic Castle event coming up Sept. 23 to raise money for the Vernon Fund.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
What's the Vernon Fund?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jtcavataio
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of jtcavataio
Quote:
On 2005-09-14 13:02, PaulGreen wrote:
Be on the look-out for a very limited release from Joe Porper. He has a limited number of his fantastic card clips engraved with two different VERNON images. They are very classy! The images are being used with the full permission of the Vernon estate.

BTW, I receive no consideration for this statement.

Regards,

Paul Green

Is there any more information available on this Vernon Clip?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Vernon fund is maintained by the Acadamy of Magical Arts (aka the Magic Castle "club") and is for magicians that find themselves in dire financial straights.

If you go to http://www.porperoriginals.com and look at the "card clip" you will see a plain clip. There are two incredible images of Dai Vernon tht Bill Bower had made and were used on the back designs of commemorative decks of cards. If you know those images you know what we have done. We have laser cut those images into the black clip in white lines.

Showed them to Jim Patton today and he can't wait to get them. They will be debuted at the coming Magic Castle swap meet,then will be on the Porper web site.

Stay tooned...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jtcavataio
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of jtcavataio
Mr Biro
Will the cost be similar to the regular clips? Any word on that?
Regards
Joe
Joggins
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
64 Posts

Profile of Joggins
I got a Vernon engraved clip last friday night. It is very classy looking. I hope they are in limited supply. Very good idea on the Porper/Biro side.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have never looked at using a clip before I always carry them in my back pocket and I thought I might cause damage from constant sitting on it. Any word on how strong these are? Also I saw the Dai Vernon ones at Hocus-pocus they look pretty sweet but before I bought one I would need to know the previous question on how durable they are.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
The question should be how durable is your backside? Smile. All kidding aside it is made of aluminum alloy and is of good quality as Joe Porper would not compromise. The price reflects that. I've had mine over a year and it still looks new even with some accidental droppings. I carry it in my right front pocket though. Smile
<<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
moves
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of moves
Porper Card clips will last you for years and save you a fortune on cards I've had one of the original ones for 16 years and its still pefect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Engraving a Porper Clip (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL