The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Palmistry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Quote:
Trinity wrote: As to science, some of what was witchcraft 300 years ago is science now. Example, static electricity. If palmistry IS science, it will eventually be shown to be by the scientists. Until then, I guess it is a matter of faith. No different than any religion.
When was static electricity perceived to be witchcraft?
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
According to this link, lightning was blamed on witchcraft at a Kinshasa soccer game in 1998.
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
I do not put much stock into this art, however, there is a very interesting book on this subject sold at books a million. I believe that little to nothing can really be found in the hand to tell of someones future, only maybe their past.
MM
Butler # 254
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
What's the title of the book (sadly, my psychic powers are non-existant)?

What kinds of things in someone's past can be divined from palm reading?
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I have really never been a believer of palmistry, but I find this thread very interesting.
I feel certain that there are some workers who use legit techniques in their readings.
I am just as certain that there are some who only use CR.
Earlier this summer, I visited a psychic reader and palmist who was "running a $10 special."
My flight home had been delayed, and I thought that it could be an interesting experience.
This 'reader" has a big advertising sign out side her house. I was most interested in what might be her marketing plan.
She attempted to set up "sessions" that would "help' me with my problems.
Trouble is, she assumed the wrong problems.
Not only did she use CR, but she was very bad at it.
Now, if I were so inclined, I might think of this as an indictment against all readers.
I, rather, think that there are con artist who "choose" whatever avenue they choose to scam people.
Some use palmistry, some use personality readings, some use medicine, still others use religion. This in itself is not an indictment of any particular subject, but an acknowledgment that some folks will do anything for a buck.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Alexandre, in the first post, said:

Quote:
The lines of the hand act as a sort of circuit board of the brain. Neurosurgeons tell us that these lines are caused by nerve endings in the palm. These nerves stem from the middle brain, where the two hemispheres join. Therefore, every thought you have, conscious and unconscious, is reflected in some way on your hand!

May I ask for the source of info regarding neurosurgeons? I've been looking for this on the Web and so far haven't found it. I'm interested in learning more about the the biological aspect of palmistry (nerve-endings, nerves, the brain, and how they relate biologially to the palm).

thanks,

Jim
brianp
View Profile
New user
canada
25 Posts

Profile of brianp
Palmistry is great. I learned the basics from Ray Hyman's article on cold reaqding, and some more from Richard Webster in Quick and Easy Cold readings and the really got into it with Herb Dewwey's books. I do lots of readings everyday and all I can say is people really enjoy it, some think its a crock and others become very involved. Is it fraud? No more than any other system that relys on human nature to make predictions. In this case I'm thinking of the insurance industry and actuarys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Palmistry (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL