The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Knock'Em Dead by Peter Nardi » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

statenisland
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of statenisland
Sounds too good. Is this real? Does anyone have it? Please send me your comments.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Click to visit:
Raj
View Profile
New user
UK
22 Posts

Profile of Raj
StatenIsland...

The effect is exactly as described.

Pretty clever and Alakazam's best selling trick of all time.

Raj
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
Yes, it's pretty neat. Personally I'd recommend taking the principle(s) when you buy the trick and make your own revelation item.
groovy
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of groovy
It's a 1 trick wonder for me and not ideal for going into any other card trick. £12 for a shameful use of an Al Koran idea. People should remember that you will end up carrying another deck around if they use this and want to perform tricks with a normal deck.

Try learning a memorised deck and be creative for easier resets and better effects and the outs in KOD are distinctly average. Go for Kollosal Killer or Tom Sellars principle if you want the easier way out and these are far stronger IMHO.

Groovy
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Hi,

I have used 'Knock em Dead' dozens of times for different audiences, and it cetainly got the best reaction!
One man I did it on about a year ago came up to me the other day and said 'Ive told all my friends about you, and about that prediction card trick'

Thanks,
Lewis.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Al Mann's "50 Miracles With A Five Star Deck" described 50 effects with this type of deck! Mark Mason also put out a version of the Koran routine (Future Deck I think he called it). I'm sure Peter and Mark didn't realise they were re-inventing the wheel, but it just shows that if you want something good look in the old books.... Smile

I'm not sure my being too knowledgeable to release things like this is a good thing or not, lol. I'm just looking forward to all the tricks I can release when I start going senile... (no comments please!)

Paul.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey Paul,

Mark Mason's 'Future Zone' is quite good, and I think it's better than Knock 'Em Dead, because not only do you get the trick, but also you get a leather Z-fold wallet, which is quite useful. Plus it gets the same reaction.

I fooled one magician badly with this and he couldn't speak. I didn't get the deck when I bought it, so I used a normal deck (I have my ways) and I feel it works better. The trick looks exactly the same with a normal deck, which I appreciate because then I can do other effects without a deck switch.

I'm not sure if you can use a normal deck for Knock 'Em Dead, as I don't know the basics behind it (except for the revelation of the prediction on the card box), but if you can figure out a way to do it with a normal deck, it should hit harder, because you can save it for the last trick and deck remains in full view all along.

Just my 2 cents, sorry this information is not entirely about Knock 'Em Dead!

Cheers,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yes, but Future Zone is NOT with a normal deck. And the routine is more or less identical to the Koran routine which used the wallet (and has been described in print in a few places, more notably by Martin Breese with Ken Brooke's handling of it).

I am well aware this type of effect can be done with a straight deck Logan, I've done it on and off that way for years after Jack Jansen tipped me off to a good ruse for doing it for the Nemo 2000 routine several years ago:)Though used it as an opener when doing so.

I am not sure where your logic of "it will hit harder if it is a normal deck" is coming from. The strength of an effect has nothing to do with the method used to accomplish it, plus gaffed decks can be switched in without an audience being aware.

Re;
"I fooled one magician badly with this and he couldn't speak."

Obviously a newcomer to magic not that well read on cards, lol.

A version with a Zodiac Deck appeared in one of my early books.

Paul.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey Paul!

What I meant, when i said that it will hit harder, is that after your whole routine (if you should use this as a closer), you can set the deck up for the trick right in front of them, without them knowing!

Whilst I know that a deck switch is easily incorporated into the trick, I feel that since the audience has seen this deck, and it hasn't been out of their sight, and suddenly you perform a miracle such as this one, they will be floored to a greater extent as now they can't say, "It's a trick deck" or whatever.

Maybe all this goes on subconsciously for them, I'm not sure, but if you do this for another magician, what'll he think?

Bottom line, deck switch or not, this type of effect kills, I just can't be bothered to do a deck switch Smile

Cheers,

Logan Smile

P.S. Re: 'Obviously a newcomer to magic not that well read on cards, lol.'

This guy's pass was invisible...he shocked me to the max and beyond...I thought I should return the favor Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
"P.S. Re: 'Obviously a newcomer to magic not that well read on cards, lol.'

This guy's pass was invisible...he shocked me to the max and beyond...I thought I should return the favor"

Lol, are you sure he didn't just use a duplicate card? Smile

I guess card magicians that have dabbled on the mental side are more likely to be aware of this card stack and its applications and variations.

But from the sounds of it, your straight deck version is probably different to the one I was shown and utilised.

re;
"Bottom line, deck switch or not, this type of effect kills,"

You mean mental orientated card effects? I agree, in the right setting, they do.

Paul.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Like Blizzard, this is a twist on an old concept. And like Blizzard, this is a serious magician fooler. However to a lay audience, I think it's just another cool trick. If you want a slight free stop trick that just might drive a few magicians crazy, you can't go wrong here.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I have it also and dont hear much about it. But regardless, i have always enjoyed the reactions i get when i have it handy and use it on someone. I got mine down at Brad Burts magic shop, where i also got my copy of Kenton Kneppers Kolossal Killer. I dont think you will be disappointed. You cant repeat it and it is kind of like the little trick called mental manipulation.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Lee Earle has a very nice routine that is almost EXACTLY like Knock 'Em Dead. It is on one of The Desert Brainstorm Videos. What is great about it is that it uses a normal deck! I like this version the best. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Knock'Em Dead by Peter Nardi » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL