The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 3 chair routining advice needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Jenkins
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris Jenkins
I would appreciate some advice on the following scenario....

I have been asked to perform as part of a training course next week whereby there are 3 teams of people each with a team name based upon an anagramme of famous magicians (which at the time will mean nothing to them). My introduction to the group by the course leader is to help explain the 'origin' of these ancient names. This is merely a ruse to introduce me into the training proceeding without announcing that I am a magician/mentalist. My initial thought would be to perform some sort of 3 chair prediction type effect where I ask a member of each group to take a seat and afterwards reveal the unravelled name of the magician on the correct chairs and thereby annouce my intentions for the rest of the set. Can anybody recommend a fairly straight forward chair prediction in print to accomplish this effect?

These of course are my initial thoughts on the topic and any others are most welcome. This is my first pro gig for about 2 years and any words of encouragement are appreciated! PMs welcomed!

Thanks!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
You might want to take a look at Banachek's "Pre Thoughts" manuscript. You can find it at http://www.banachekproducts.com.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Paolo Cavalli has a great chair predicition which delivers 2 addtional punches. You can find it in his e-book "upsilon" which was distributed by Greg Arce.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Barrie Richardson has something in one of his books.
I'll take a look.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Sorry I couldn't find it.
:(

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
It's in "theatre of the mind" and it's called "the lazy mentalist". It's quite good...
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
If you run a search, you'll find list of chair effects published here on the Café. It may be worth your time to look for.

-Patrick
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Good idea to always do a search before you ask!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Yes. I found the book!
Barrie Richardson.
Is his new publication any good?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
You may also wish to check out the chair routine devised by Gary Kurtz. He has a very good routine and I have used it personally. Good luck.
MM
Butler # 254
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Marc Spellman has a chair routine on Vol2 of his set.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2005-09-19 16:18, kyle_freemason wrote:
You may also wish to check out the chair routine devised by Gary Kurtz. He has a very good routine and I have used it personally. Good luck.

hi! where do I find it? kiki
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
Kiki I sent you a personal message regarding where to find the kurtz file. I think you will be highly satisfied with his routine. It is one of the best I have ever seen. Though I also like Banacheks version.
MM
Butler # 254
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 3 chair routining advice needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL