The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » E2--Anyone performing this??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I'll admit it. Mine's sitting on the shelf unused. Has ANYONE mastered this? Is ANYONE performing it regularly?

Thanks.

Bob
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
I've [almost] mastered it, although I'll keep on practicing. I don't perform it regularly, though. I've performed it 4 times, and I've had it since it first came out. Levitations require good situations, and overuse can hurt the effect.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Mine is all bent and ruined, I need to send it back to Peter to be fixed, I just haven't yet.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I am on the same boat. TOO noisy and the no bend method is not guaranteed.
rboeskin
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rboeskin
Do you need to have e-1 to perform e-2? Oh, would you recommend buying it(e-1 or 2)?
rboeskin
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
You don't need E1 to perform E2. I can recommend E1 as I have practiced it many times a performed it some. (As LDM pointed out, self-levitation should be performed sparingly.) It is very effective and mastered with a reasonable amount of practice. It is much sturdier than E2 and less likely to flash or "talk."

Bob
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
I was thinking about getting this a while back but I'm pleased with my E1 so..I guess I'll stick with this one.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 18:12, Jordini wrote:
Mine is all bent and ruined, I need to send it back to Peter to be fixed, I just haven't yet.

That raises some SERIOUS issues! For instance, weight limitations, and durability of the product. Now I'm wondering.

Perhaps it's good I held off...or in other words, perhaps it's good that I was broke when this came out! Hey! What am I saying? I'm still broke!

Darn!!

Posted: Sep 18, 2005 6:44pm
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 18:27, paisa23 wrote:
I am on the same boat. TOO noisy and the no bend method is not guaranteed.

Noise (talking from the gimmick) would definitely put a damper on the performing of the effect, at least for me.

Just how much noise does it make? Can it possibly be eliminated by the application of WD 40?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I don't think so. I never had the first one but now I think I know why the demo had such loud music. We still havent heard from someon who is happy with it.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Caveat emptor beginning to apply here?
James Bateman
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of James Bateman
If you read the all the posts regarding e2, you get a really good picture of whether it would be right for you. Seems like most of the comments are negative - some people liked it, but most didn't.
This is the true value of the Café - thanks to this awesome forum, we're no longer victims advertising hype from magic manufacturers. power to the people - can I get an amen?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You got one here, brotha!!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Amen as well all though I do not hold the Café responsible. It was all the hype on this site about the first one and this coming second one that got me to get it.
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
I'm happy with it...:/ Possibly because I'm small? Noise isn't an issue for me, either, because I a) patter while I'm doing the move, and b) have practiced it enough times to get it right. Eirik (here on the Café) has some improvments that I still haven't tried out (Boo to the nearest hardware store being an hour and a half away), but sound good from his PM.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Don’t forget that the basic idea is very good - its just the way it was made.

The only reason I had to resell it was the "bite" of the gimmick - all my shoes have soft soles (and I like that). I was almost certain that the gimmick would have gone right thru the sole.

Gimmick with moving parts will always have its drawbacks - maybe someday peter will come up with a unique shape of the gimmick that can be hidden anywhere and its strong enough. (and does not have any moving parts).

:kewl:
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
If I could only learn how to balance on a foot long but very very thin pin..............
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-09-19 16:00, LDM wrote:
I'm happy with it...:/ Possibly because I'm small? Noise isn't an issue for me, either, because I a) patter while I'm doing the move, and b) have practiced it enough times to get it right. Eirik (here on the Café) has some improvments that I still haven't tried out (Boo to the nearest hardware store being an hour and a half away), but sound good from his PM.

Could I inquire about your weight? I'm 149-150 lbs. I would guess that is a pretty acceptable weight for the E2, but I'm only surmising.

Posted: Sep 19, 2005 6:06pm
Quote:

On 2005-09-19 17:31, Jordini wrote:
If I could only learn how to balance on a foot long but very very thin pin...

Could you elaborate on that? I think I get it, but I'm not sure.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Does anyone like this? I couldn't tell by the online video if it's worth getting.
~Joe
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
To be honest, eventhough Zero Gravity takes a bit of preparation (u build ur own gimmick) it's the only levitation that I can really rely on! and for the price, it's well worth it compared to what you get with E2...
some people just love the E2, some just love Zero Gravity etc...what is "worth getting" for some, might be totally junk/useless for you... personally, I would suggest zero gravity (plus it's for about 16$)
just my two cents!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
195 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Can I see demo videos of these products?

Thanks
Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » E2--Anyone performing this??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL