The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » New effect by Weapon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Name: SPIRITED AWAY
BY EMRAN A.K.A WEAPON

This effect is a very elaborate and spooky variation of Elmer Biddle’s “Biddled Across”. It has a great plot and a few strong climaxes that will keep your audience in awe. I hope you enjoy.

EFFECT - PATTER: A spectator is asked if he or she believes in spirits or ghosts. No matter what the answer is, you tell him or her that you have a very interesting experiment to show.

You: “OK, Jane, let’s use our imaginations and pretend that this deck actually represents the gateway between here and the spirit world”

You then dribble the cards as you say, “…and all these cards represent the spirits that roam the earth. Spooky, huh?

“Now Jane I need you to select a card or should I say ‘spirit’? Please remember it, place it back into the spirit world and we will lose it hopelessly among all the other spirits.

“Jane, our first job is to locate your spirit. Aah, yes! I am getting vibes that your spirit is in the top half of the spirit world, so please hold the bottom half. From what I feel, the spirit you chose is one of the top 5 spirits. Let’s see if my vibe is right. I’m going to count through the spirits. If you see your selected spirit, tell me you saw it, but please do not tell me what it is and wait until I am done counting before answering. Ready? Here we go!

“1 spirit, 2 spirits, 3 spirits, 4 spirits, 5 spirits.

“Jane, did you see your spirit among these 5 poor lost souls?

“Great! OK, keep the name of your spirit card a secret and please hold the other half of the spirit world as well. To reiterate, we have 5 spirits. 1,2,3,4,5 spirits.

“Bob, here is where you help. Please trap these 5 spirits, one of which is Jane’s selected spirit, between your hands, HOLD TIGHT!

“Jane, hand me the deck and I will remove a card at random. What did I get? The 8 of hearts. I will turn the 8 of hearts face down and I want you to guard it between your hands.

“Here is where the true mystery, experiment and the unexplained begin. Sometimes spirits can escape, and when they escape, they roam the earth in search of something to possess. Have you seen the movie, ‘The Exorcist’? You did? Then you know what I’m talking about.

“Watch closely, as I wave my hand over the 5 spirits Bob has trapped. I now know the spirit Jane selected is the queen of hearts. A little snap and a loud CLAP! One spirit actually escapes from Bob’s hands

“Bob please count the spirits in your hands.”

Bob: “Holy crap! There are only 4 cards left! Where did the queens of hearts go?”

You: “Jane’s selected spirit actually jumped over into Jane’s hands and is possessing her 8 of hearts.

“Jane please turn over your 8 of hearts.

Jane: “Oh my god! It’s the queen of hearts, the card I selected! But, how?

The effect may end here, or you can take it a little further:

You: “Your 8 of hearts is now possessed by the spirit of your selected card, the queen of hearts. There is only one way to exorcise your card. Does anybody have extra holy water on them?…just kidding!

“All we do is turn the possessed card face down and make a rip here, here and there. By doing this, it allows us to form the possessed card into a cross. Take the cross and wave it over the deck and say “May the power of Houdini compel you! May the power of Houdini compel you!

“It is done, this card is clean!"

“Your selected card has returned to the spirit world.”
(As you spread the deck the selected card that was just in the shape of a cross is now face up among all the other face down cards in the deck and when they open up the crossed shaped card, it is the 8 of hearts once more.)

I posted a link to it in secret sessions!
if anything PM if intrested!!
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
Good routine Weapon!!! Thank you for sharing.

It is great when magicians share with the members of the Café.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
If anyone seen the movie emily rose,you can use that theme to it as well =o0
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
OiNutter
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
83 Posts

Profile of OiNutter
That would probably look really nice with a ghost deck as well, although it'd get expensive if you keep ripping them! Gonna have to get me in the secret sessions to check that one out! Smile
www.oinutter.co.uk

I could read your mind but I'm afraid of what I'd find
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW I personally think the effect is great. Now I'm off to the secrets.
Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
243 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
Very nice, weapon! Very creative. Thanks for sharing!

Chris
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
No problem guys enjoyy!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » New effect by Weapon! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL