The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » L & Ts Magicland--Plymouth Meeting, PA + (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
This store was around in the 1970s and early 80s. Its most distinctive feature was the owner. The guy was not only a 'muggle', but he liked magicians about as much as people enjoy hemorrhoids.

The location was in a small shop on the side wall of a shopping mall entrance hallway. Its saving grace, and to what I owe being magician today; the movie theater lined people up down that hallway for the wait to get in. One time, I watched on the way in, and bought a simple trick (Adam's cheapo Penny to Dime block). While the owner was a schmuck, he had a pretty good staff of magicians working below minimum wage. Bryan Dean (Toder) was there, as was Landis Smith, who has toured some. Many others over the years, too. A number of decent magicians in the area showed up, at least until the owner chased them away to let the nickel and dime trade get their stuff. I first met David Williamson there, as well as Bowzer's son.

Just before I turned 18, I left there to open an even more obscure shop in the Montgomeryville Mart. (The Sorcerer's Den of Magic) Every so often, I run across someone who was there during the one holiday gift season I was open before I started college.
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
I don't remember this shop but, I do remember an enclosed magic and novelty store in the King of Prussia Mall. Novelties in the front, counter for magic in the back. Can't remeber the name or who owned the store, but I believe one of the demo guys who worked part time was a young kid named Marc DeSousa. Time frame was the same....early to late 70's.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
This was called the FUN Shop. I discovered magic there. I first found the fake dog doo-doo and snapping gum...then one time I found the counter in the back....
Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » L & Ts Magicland--Plymouth Meeting, PA + (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL