We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Party popper in mouth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia travelling worldwide now
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
Anyone do this stunt? is there a trick to it? setting a party popper off I your mouth?
James BuSTAR
Australia's Comedy Juggling Superstar
info@jamesbustar.com
http://www.jugglingsuperstar.com
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
You're talking about those little plastic things shaped like bottles with a string on the end. Just do it. But use your tounge to block any debris from going down your throat.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Sounds too easy of a stunt... anybody could do it, especially all the kids in the 5th grade.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Doesn't sound very immpressive, and it could easily cause burns and choking.

Addy, that's really bad advice!
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Scott Baker, our outside talker in Coney Island, does it in his act. It's a bit the Tokyo Shock Boys made famous.

Scott variation is to have a mouth coil in the mouth. So when you shoot it off, you not only pull out the popper streamers, but fifty feet of colored paper.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Thanks for putting me right Todd. I have never heard of it being done, and it really didn't sound like it would work to me. More like a drunken party trick than a stunt that would work on stage, I guess I was wrong Smile I want to see it done now!

I still say the 'just do it' comment is really bad advice. It sounds like a person could easily choke.

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I tried putting a popper somewhere else (Dont ask!)and letting it off for a bet, this then progressed to a Lego Brick and finaly a firework.

Had the same effect as curry but I won the fiver!!

This is what sideshow entertainers do in the evening when worse for drink.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Not recommended to try this. It takes one to destroy your good looks. Children imimate, not good!
Dennis Michael
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Kondini
Call me next time you cross the pond.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
I learned this from Scott Baker, the popper followed by the mouth coil. The funny thing is that when I do this in front of an adult audience they get a huge kick out of it. I pop a few out into the audience and then do one in the mouth. The trajectory really isn't powerful. But it looks impressive, and it is important to block the thtoat with the tounge as I stated. As Dennis said, I wouldn't do this for the kids, you're asking for trouble.
carbone1853
View Profile
Loyal user
RI USA
240 Posts

Profile of carbone1853
Umm... If we eliminate all acts in this section we would not want kids to imitate, this section would be blank. Not all entertainment needs to be suitable for children. Chris Rock is very funny but he is not for kids.
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
You're right, this section isn't the kid party section, but because these party poppers are easily accessable to kids, and we associate these with kids parties, the youngins would be more inclined to play around with these, and therefore try to pop them in their mouths.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Does it hurt? It seems like a bad idea. For the right audience though...maybe
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
If you have to ask if it hurts you are in the section.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I tried it, but I couldn't get my toungue wrapped around the little string tight enough to pull it! Smile
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
You wrap the string around your toungue stud. This will work nicely, unless you break wind, then it will set if off prematurely. I hate that when it happens. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Perhaps a new twist on the Le Petomaine act? Place the popper into your mouth backwards and the streamers fly out the other and ...
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I hate that when that happens too. Confettii works better.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
OK Al will do,,,just so long as it`s got nothing to do with sticking poppers up me bum!!
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Aren't you meant to inhale them? Smile
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Party popper in mouth (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL