We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Wild West Tech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Check out the History Channel's Wild West Tech tomorrow night, 9/20. You might see some familiar faces.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
I missed it during the early run, but it airs again at Midnight EDT.

James Taylor hinted that we might see TWO familiar faces in it.

Of course, Mr. Taylor's style is a bit less subtle than Mr. Robbins' mastery of understatement, but I digress...

Chris
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Watching it right now....Great Show.

Nice work Todd...I'm awed and inspired.

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The timing on this thing worked out great.

I was working on the seance show when they called and asked about me doing Freakshow Tech 2. The decided to expand the topic a bit and asked if I knew anything about Spiritualism!

The spirits were smiling down on me.

I now have a nice hunk of tape featuring me talking and demonstrating slate writing and the Kellar Spirit Tie. I'm going to call the producers and ask about what they did with the Davenport Bros. Cabinet they built. Maybe I can get it and Harley and I can do a recreation of the Davenport Bros. act at magic conventions.

And in case you were wondering, my interview segements were done at the Barnum Museum in Bridgeport, CT.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
Definitely one of the more entertaining shows on the subject, and a cast of hosts, experts, and entertainers who could probably only be found together under a tent along a fictional sawdust trail.

I'd like to go back and catch "Freaks I" since I missed it in its original airing.

Thanks, Todd!

Chris

P.S.--I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I also enjoyed both Charon Henning's and Bridget's parts in this as well.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I liked it too. I was wondering where they got the information about the Martin Beck challenge. I never heard of it. I heard a version where Beck told Houdini to drop the magic and stick to escapes, but not a challenge.

I have some original photos of Houdini in the circus and with some sideshow performers. They would have fit in nicely.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I enjoyed the show as well. It was well done and all the guys (and girls) not only looked great, but really knew what they were talking about. My only beef is the same thing that I do when I watch a movie.... punch holes in the plot.

1. P.T. Barnum and the performers listed would never work a tent so small! The man was bigger than life and wanted everyone to know it. 2. The "first" tattooed white man portion of the show was flawed. The actor was obviously some guy the producer went out and grabbed that had sleeves. His work included bio-mech, new school colors and modern content. There are PLENTY of tattoo enthusiasts that are fully covered with CLASSICAL old school work and would have made a better presentation. 3. (this one's a little personal) There's NO mention of Rasmus Neilsen, who was also covered in ink, performed strongmen acts and was a blacksmith, which was the pinnacle of Wild West technology at the time. Other than those small points, I thought the piece was excellent and I was glad to see some good friends on TV (again).

TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Wild West Tech (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL