The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Recent Video Clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Pike Place Market Busker Festival Video Clip

Performing: 3 Fly, Mental Photography Deck & the Linking Rings
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Great Smile
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Tom
Great clip, very entertaining.
I have a suggestion, when you where a hat, tip it right back on your head to show your face and eyes, stage or street. If you don’t a dark shadow will be cast across your eyes which can be as bad as wearing sun glasses in a show.
Tack it or leave it. Smile
Mario
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Mario, Good Suggestion, thanks.

TF
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Tom,

You are the man.

That is a great clip brother, the years come shining through in the polish.

Thanks for sharing it.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Very clear, very well done.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Tom-
That looks great. I am putting together a video now from a combination of photos and videos from the past 4-5 years. Your videos inspired me to get motivated and put it together. Great stuff Tom!
Jim
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Hey, Tom, is that your ring routine? Nice.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Tom-

Thanks for sharing-That was great to watch-very entertaining & a great pitch at the end

Look like you were having fun !!!

Good ol ring routine ay!!!!!-Can perform it anywhere

Hope you earned well that day!!-You might need a bigger Hat!!

All the best

-Brent
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Thanks for all the compliments gang! Nice to hear. Yes that's the Jack Miller Linking Ring Routine w/ Poetic Patter that I released on DVD as an Instructional. I still have some left for $25 + $4.50 S&H. The day was good banged out a couple hundred bucks in an hour and a half.

TF
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Great work Tom. Great work!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Enchanting!

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I bought Tom's DVD. It's really nice and a wonderful routine. I don't actually perform his routine because, well, I'm not Tom. I intend to give it more thought one day though. I'm sort of cruising, thinking about different poems that I might bend to my will as Tom did The Raven.

What a great choice in a poem though.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
I've never been much for the linking rings... but that was a really fun routine! (Makes sense since I HAVE always been a fan of "The Raven") Smile

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
For the record I took Jack MIller's Routine AND HIS Poetry and made it my own. Nobody's stepping on my feet by doing it as well. I think it's one hell of a routine. I just wish I could do it justice.
saheer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of saheer
Tom -

Sweet! I'd definitely stop, watch and tip even if I weren't a magician!
"Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

1902 diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monk from Munjor,
Kansas
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Tom,

As I watched the ring routine I kept saying to myself, "There needs to be something different in his voice." Perhaps a change in quality or tone, not sure. Seemed that the mood and style of the poetry called for some kind of a vocal change to match the (very) well done routine. I know that being on the street you have to be heard, so your choices are limited as far as that goes.

There was nothing 'wrong' - I never sensed something I would call a problem, far from it - as I said in an earlier post, it was clean and clear magic. I especially liked the slight change to suit the environment: "While you sit, relaxed and tipping."

My above comment was just something that came into my head as I was watching the rings. Also liked the way you got people on your side as you prepared for the hat.

My 2 cents.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
You should see the way that he does it on his DVD. He does a voice-over with a booming God-like voice. It's really well done.

I do my rings silently to music. If I were to give advice it would be to use a boom box and do the routine as he does it on his DVD.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I have the DVD, and love the routine. Great stuff!
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
The joys of performing Live outdoors!!

I have not done this for a year or so now due to many theatre shows etc

Tom-Having seen your clip-Makes me want to create an act to perform outdoors at festivals /markets etc again-The rush you get from having the audience so close & having a good time is an experience in itself!!

Were you only performing 3-4 effects at a time for 10 mins then waiting for a new crowd etc-seemed to work well what we saw!

Great balancing on the stool by the way!!- well done!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Recent Video Clip (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL