The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » VOODOO (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I'm looking for all the Voodoo routines known. I recently bought one from Bob Cassidy called Hoodoo brew. Any help would be appreciated.
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Watch out for Vo DU Ma gick! Smile
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I will. Can you tell me about it? Any other Voodoo related things (okito voodoo doll,etc.)?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
There is a whole section of voodoo effects in Jim Magus's Arcana of Bizarre Magic. Great book.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
Capricornia tales by christian chelman has a routine [voodoo2] mastering the art of magic by eugene burger has a voodoo ritual, 2 versions one smokers ,one no smokers,the book of haunted magik by rick maue has other voo doo, mark striving in his booklet strange thoughts Do that voodoo 1 and 2,hand book of horror by charles cameron burn witch burn and voodoo doll in devil diaries same author,ouanga in thirteen by tony shields and arcana of bizarre magic by jim magus has a whole chapter devoted in this subjet and I'm sure there are so much more!! piro-perception is not really voodoo but you can try to make a presentation with this effect play very strong. good luck bro!:-]
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
You can turn ANY effect into a "VOODOO" styled feat...

so what you need to do is RESEARCH the history, the roots of our beloved science, and learn to respectfully incorporate the Loa into your presentation.

some books (not tricks):

SECRETS OF VOODOO by Milo Rigaurd

DIVINE HORSEMAN by Maya Deren

...and, my book, VO DU MA GICK, in colaboration with Mr. Skin will be out in doses first, then in a bound book...sometime or another.

Baba

ps. I have a few voodoo style presentation in this forum, so search my name.

...and another plug for the gem of a book, CAPRICORNIAN TALES, by my mentor, Chelman...
poolos
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of poolos
http://grindshow.com/GrindShow/Dark_Museum__2.html

Doug Higley has some great stuff for Voodoo. You can PM him too
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
I have Alan Warners voodoo effect
http://www.alanwarnermagic.com/?nd=full&key=1322
and Evildan,s z-wallet it comes with a great routine called
"Ritual of the pin"
http://www.evildan.biz/leather/switches.htm
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Optimists have more fun.....
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
COOL STUFF! Poolos that's a cool site. He needs to fix the lettering, but the products are GREAT! Calexa that looks like the thing Criss Angel used..is it? Thanks bloody jack also and everyone with the book lists. Anyone else know of any Voodoo effects? Thank You
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I'm back in town and still looking for more Voodoo effects......thanks
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Any other links or ideas for Voodoo tricks?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17553 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see that you are looking for many types of effects. Which ones have you purchased so far?
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Dave, I recently purchased the Okito Voodoo doll, an electronic crasher, a ton of books, some PK magnet stuff, etc.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17553 Posts

Profile of Slim King
T-Ray
Books Rock! Let me know of any interesting routines you develop. I'd love to hear about them.
Keep Rockin'
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
What is an electronic crasher?
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Any more Voodoo suggestions?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
...your own mind...your own creativity...

I see you are a really aspiring bizarrist or whathaveyou, and I have faith that you will come up with some nice routines with a voodoo theme...

again, study the science of Voodoo!! its rich history, its stories, legends...only then can you wish to incoporate your work into such a worthy theme...

VOODOO, or more aptly Voudou means, "to look into the unknown." so cause all your specs. to do just that with your magick...

Gede Baba
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Thanks Gede, I'm actually curious of the history and amount of tricks that have used the voodoo theme.....and I want to come up with the ultimate one. I have many friends that are a part of the culture (Santeria), so this peaked my curiousity. You are definitely right about understanding the culture and slowly I am learning about it. Luckily, the rhythms are my ancestors, so I already know many things which words are useless to describe.......
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Voudou and Santeria are not quite the same, but are similar in derivation. Both are derived from Africa with a little bit (mostly superficial) of Christianity. They are derived from different tribal groups and different geographical areas in Africa, and thus are not the same.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » VOODOO (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL