The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gas Prices. A Pain in the Gas!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
SWEET! How many do ya have? those dogs sure are hardy.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Themagicman101...

We have 8...The Momma and Daddy and their 6 kiddos (Mom and Dad are almost 3 years old the 'pups' are gonna be two in the Spring)....

They are definately a handful...They need LOTS of attention and care, but we love it...I'd post a pic of Zeus (the daddy) but the Café won't let me use him as my Avatar...Bummer....He is absolutely gorgeous...HUGE (125 pounds) and unbelievably cool...Very sweet, smart but goofy, and incredibably loyal...

The pups are a regular 'gang'...They love each other, but fuss every now and again...Their favorite game is 'Gang up on Granpa' (I'm Granpa)....

One of these days you may actually get to see them...We are trying to find out how to get pictures of them used for Calenders (They are ALL extremely beautiful)....

Who knows...It may happen.

Prof. Piper
:juggle:

P.S....If you were wondering about their intelligence here's an anctedote to let you know: I'm a juggler as well as a Magician...I can juggle with them all around me, drop a ball or club and they will NOT touch my props...I've never 'told' them not to mess with my stuff, they just know...Granpa's toys are HIS toys and NOT ours to play with!!!
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Haha, that's cool, tell me if you get that calender out, I want to get one! Why wont the Café let you post a pic???
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

I can't use his pic as my Avatar (My user pic)...

I don't know how to include a pic of him here in a post...sorry

Prof. Piper

If the calendar ever does come out, I'll be sure to let you know!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Cool, thanks.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-09-27 02:00, Jerrine wrote:
Last time I bought gas it was just over $1. Get a bike, you get to skate on the insurance too, what a racket.

"Bikes and bus passes" that's my motto!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-09-27 11:39, Professor Piper wrote:
Some points to remember (some of which have been mentioned in passing) on alternative transportation:

Here in the States we are VERY spread out (as Skip pointed out)...For instance: It is 17 miles from my house to where I and my fiancee work...So bicycling wouldn't be practical (Or possible as we live in a 'hilly' area that is very difficult to travel by bike every day...Not to mention the entire trip is on a 2 lane road that would be insanely dangerous to ride.

Didn't say it was the answer for everyone. Although my 4.5 mile bike ride to Wal*Mart is also on a two lane road and it so hilly that I have to get out and push that bike a couple of times. (Coming home down those two hills is a gas though!)

The point is we have to get creative in our transportation choices.

Quote:
I rode a bike exclusively when I lived in Las Vegas (VERY, VERY flat), plus there are bike lanes there and plenty of sidewalks to dodge to when needed....Most folks don't have that option.

They put "bike lanes" on some of the streets in NYC. The truckers promptly used them to park in while they loaded/unloaded! Smile

Quote:
Alternative transportation is a GREAT idea and mainstream work is progressing (Hybrid car sales are way up)...

For myself? I have 8 Alaskan Malamute/Siberian Huskey crosses that I am about to begin training as a dog sled team (with a wheeled cart)....

So, if the bottom DOES drop out I'll be ready with transportation!!!

Purina Dog Food is a LOT cheaper than Gasoline!! (and my dogs 'emissions' ARE biodegradable!!)

Prof. Piper
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-09-28 20:52, Professor Piper wrote:
I can't use his pic as my Avatar (My user pic)...

I don't know how to include a pic of him here in a post...sorry

Prof. Piper

If the calendar ever does come out, I'll be sure to let you know!

Could you get a picture of yourself up close to him and use that? (I don't see why not, I have a rubber bunny!)
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Mandrake..

Cool idea about having us both in a pic...I'll give it a try, but don't know if it will work or not...For some reason I'm having trouble getting pictures I take with my camera (a VHS-C camcorder that is also a digi-still camera) transfered out of it's own software and into documents...

I'd LOVE to be able to ride the bike everywhere again...It just isn't possible here...The roads (and drivers) are simply too dangerous to risk it.

Take care,

Prof. Piper
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I've realized something with these avatars. Everyone has a person in it. So you cant have an avatar unless you are in it???
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Also happen in my country.......all peple feel bad about the raise of the gas, this is the first time gas raise very high. From Rp.2400 to Rp.4500.
andusuually after gas raise all the goods will follow raise the price......live is getting hard.....
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2005-10-02 08:40, themagicman101 wrote:
I've realized something with these avatars. Everyone has a person in it. So you cant have an avatar unless you are in it???
That unfortunately is correct my friend...only pictures or facsimiles of yourself! Here in the Sunshine State I payed $2.93 a gal. for regular unleaded this morning! This is cutting into my lifestyle quite abit and it seems I never have mad-money to spend on magic anymore! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

<<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Its cutting in my lifestyle too! If I miss the bus in the morning for school, my parents are furious, and they wont bring us places cuz its too hard on gas.
magician2000
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
62 Posts

Profile of magician2000
Quote:
On 2005-09-23 09:11, Skip Way wrote:
However, Europe's density has led it to establish and maintain some truly fantastic mass transit systems. Your trains, buses and taxi structure makes owning a car nearly unnecessary in many areas.

Skip. I would have to disagree with you on this point. I live in Italy (Sardinia) for 2 years in 1988-90, and have been Ireland for the past 2 years, and from what I have seen in the areas that I live, mass transit is pitiful. In Sardinia it was non-exsistant, and currently in the Ireland, unless you are in the Dublin area it is below pitiful. A 1.5 on scale of 1-10.
Dominic Marion
Sèan's Bar
Athlone
County Westmeath
Ireland
"Create a world where science and technology are celebrated... where
young people dream of becoming science and technology heroes..." (Dean
Kamen )
John S.
View Profile
New user
Bensalem
26 Posts

Profile of John S.
The level of Greed in the US botheres me. Gas prices around me are about 2.80 and I can't believe we pay for it. There probally not going to lower the prices because they have us thinking oh 2.50 is cheap! I hope my government will do something about this soon.
John
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Heh, I found this old thread from 2005 while searching for something else. I did not realise that gas prices were already a hot topic of discussion here way back in 2005!
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
REading this thread I thought I'm moving to where these guys are it's under $3.00 a gallon! Then I realized WHEN they were posted! Ouch and now they are talking about $6.00 a gallon by labor day! Woweee!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
We think we have if rough try $9.66 in Paris and $11.29 in Turkey. Also, from 2001 to 2005 gas prices rose by 77 cents. Between 2006-2008 gas went from $2.10 to it's current price.
I joked on another forum that with all of the people driving less and switching to fuel efficient vehicles ... gas prices should be heading back down.
The good news, South Dakota is building the first new refinery in 30 years. The bad news, it's not going make a difference by the time it's finished if we don't get behind the eight ball.
POOF!
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
You know it's funny. People want cheap gas, but they don't want refineries built or drilling expanded. I wonder how they figure they'll get the price to go down then?

The fact is, people NEED gas. The product has a near "0" elasticity, much like pharmacudicals. You simply can't survive without it. Thanks to this fact and the percieved scarcity of oil, oil futures are through the roof - making the price go up at the pump.

Is there anything you can do to lower the price of gas? Sure.
If you're in the US, you can write your representatives about allowing drilling in A.N.W.A.R. We might not get the physical gas for 10years, but a huge boost in available supply will massively reduce the percieved scarcity - reducing the price at the pump.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 21:00, Dustin Baker wrote:

If you're in the US, you can write your representatives about allowing drilling in A.N.W.A.R. We might not get the physical gas for 10years, but a huge boost in available supply will massively reduce the percieved scarcity - reducing the price at the pump.

In fact, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA) of the U.S. Government, the reduction at the pumps would be expected to be nominal at best.

It might reduce the price of a barrel of oil by about 75 cents in 2025! The best case scenario leads to a reduction of $1.44 per barrel in 2027. None of this would have a significant effect at the pump.

Excerpted from the just-released EIA study at

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/anwr/index.html

"With respect to the world oil price impact, projected ANWR oil production constitutes between 0.4 and 1.2 percent of total world oil consumption in 2030, based on the low and high resource cases, respectively. Consequently, ANWR oil production is not projected to have a large impact on world oil prices. Relative to the AEO2008 reference case, ANWR oil production is projected to have its largest oil price reduction impacts as follows: a reduction in low-sulfur, light (LSL) crude oil2 prices of $0.41 per barrel (2006 dollars) in 2026 in the low oil resource case, $0.75 per barrel in 2025 in the mean oil resource case, and $1.44 per barrel in 2027 in the high oil resource case. Assuming that world oil markets continue to work as they do today, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) could neutralize any potential price impact of ANWR oil production by reducing its oil exports by an equal amount."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gas Prices. A Pain in the Gas!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL