The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword through Body video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Ok ... what gives here? Anyone know what they are saying???

http://www.plsthx.com/Crazy_videos/338_S......ody.html

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
This is legit. The swords are really going through his body. I heard Tim Cridland, better known as Zamora-The Torture King, talk about this guy. There is a way of piercing your body like that an avoiding internal organs. I seem to recall that this guy did it wrong once and it killed him. That's show business.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
All that I can say is WOW.

Thanks for sharing the video Joe!

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I second your WOW and raise you a double F'N WOW!!!
What can you say about that other than, holy shizzle!!
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
poolos
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of poolos
What a wonderfully wicked and entertaining video. How do you practice something like that?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2005-09-23 12:26, poolos wrote:
How do you practice something like that?

Carefully. VERY carefully. As I said, this stunt killed him.

Todd
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
You'd sure have to have a lot of confidence in the guy pushing the sword through. I mean, what if he sneezes?

Yours,

Paul
poolos
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of poolos
I'm thinking it would make a great bar trick!
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
You are all fooled......that guy using fake sword. You can buy it at Penguin Magic....hurry go for it.... ;o)
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Todd, I did a search on Tim Cridland and found an interview with him:

Quote:
A. One thing that I have said that I would like to do is the sword through the body stunt that was performed by Mirn Dajo in Switzerland in the late 1940s. He would have someone run him completely through with a sharpened fencing style sword. It would go all the way through the center of the body at various places. He was studied extensively by doctors and was 100% for real. I have recently made contact with the grandson of the guy who pushed the sword through Dajo. He informs me that he is still alive at 90 years of age and has just completed a book on Dajo. I plan to travel to Europe to meet with him.

So I did a search for "Mirn Dajo" and it appears he is the guy in the video. Found a few still pictures of him, including an x-ray:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/for......ic=35093

All I can say is if Tim Cridland wants to bring this act back, he is crazier than all ya'all freaks put together - this has to be the most dangerous sideshow stunt ever!

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
You can also get those collapsible nails and candy-glass lightbulbs at Penguin Magic.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
All I can say is... Curses! Foiled again!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
You can also get fiberglass anvils and foam rubber anchors at Penguin too, or so I've heard.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
I'm speechless.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Seriously? And all this time I have been doing this stuff for real. How stupid do I feel now Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
My friend in club cn do better effect...and more dangerous!!!!!!!!......................................................................................."SWORD THRU NECK" :o)
Zane13
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Zane13
From what I've heard he swallowed a ladies shoe,and hoped that through his own inner strenght his stomach would digest the shoe.Sadly it didn't and he died.
jasonmiller
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
52 Posts

Profile of jasonmiller
I always wondered about this guy. I have used a shorter version of that clip for a couple of years in a video show I do sometimes. It always gets attention and freaks people out.
Jason Miller
-Balloon Twister
-Magic Man
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
All I can say is wow... Its interesting how we think that this is the most "extream of times" and here theres this guy 65 years ago literly skewering himself on stage. Its mind bending. How do you work up to that sort of thing? Its just unreal. I love it.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2005-09-24 23:14, Zane13 wrote:
From what I've heard he swallowed a ladies shoe,and hoped that through his own inner strenght his stomach would digest the shoe.Sadly it didn't and he died.

As the Great Nippled One would say, "Well, that's shoe business."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword through Body video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL