The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Poker Chip Surprise by Biro & Porper (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
Can they be purchased directly from Propper?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yes... http://www.porperoriginals.com it is NOW on the site. Thanks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I don't see it there Pete.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
Poker Chip Surprise I just got it and love it. I try to get the most bang for the buck. I spend a little more for props but if it dosen't work good I don't want it. I try to find a prop that fit me because if you prefporm and it suck your show suck too and that what they remember. I've been preforming for over 25 years and still learning. http://www.fredkmagic.com
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Hello Pete:

I received Poker Chip Surprise what can I say. Wow. I have no problem with the [. I took your advice and read the 'flippin' instructions. Great Effect and awesome job. Hopefully Joe isn't being affected by the fires in Chatsworth and everyone is safe.

Take care,

Sean
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Porper's shop is far enough away from the FIRES so all is OK. My wife works near there and she was worried about getting to the office, but it was a breeze she said, as no one that did not need to travel there did so.

Just lets hope they can get it all under control without to much damage or loss of any lives (people or pets)!
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Pete I missed you on the Swap Meet last saturday!!! Met Joe Porper though and I could not resist getting a set. Very cool alternative. The creative juices are flowing! Jim Lewis' handlings of the CSB props (and the poker chips) are the best out there...
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Right, Lewis has some good handling. Glad you like the chip concept. And am really sorry to have missed you. Am still hurting bad with hip problem. Dr. gave me some medicine, and hope that sorts it out SOOOOOOOON. OWWWWWWWWWWW
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Pete, lay in bed for a week with the remote control and take some pain killers and a glass of wine. Call it an unplanned vacation Smile

Hope you feel better.

Jeff
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pain killers and wine... Whadya doing trying to get rid of me? Next three days working with Criss Angel... stay tooned...
only4card
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of only4card
I got the chips a week ago it is fine but yesterday I found the shell bubble up ! Last night I put some books on it this morning it go flat again. But after a few hours it bubble up again. I'm disappointed with this set and I think I will go with CSB/ coins better.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Send it back to Joe for the newer model, please.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
There seems to be too many problems. I'm sure if you get a great set, you're ok, but like the new magic today, I'd wait a few months before buying any new, expensive item. No one likes to send back things they recieved. Creators should check every item before shipping.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not too many problems. One problem, a S***L that was warped. Maybe LESS than 12 were made this way. It's just that a few messages make something seem like a HUGE problem, when we have fixed probably all of them.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2005-09-29 17:27, scomer10 wrote:
Hello Pete:

I took your advice and read the 'flippin' instructions.

I believe it was: "Read the blinkin' instructions." Sean. Smile

John
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Our instructions "blink" ... hmmmm ... must be the lighting Smile
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Quote:
On 2005-09-24 11:51, Pete Biro wrote:
And yes, chips are incredibly difficult to machine, compared to coins. Many just explode and turn to dust right in the middle of the process. There are other chips made of plastic and metal by other dealers but they just don't have the right look and feel.

You don't suggest the spectator 'feel them," do you? I hope this doesn't seem presumptuous from someone who knows nothing about manufacturing, but if the machining and quality-control prove to be more problems than anticipated, could the process be modified to make a more convincing looking chip out of other material?

I assume the set accomplishes everything a C/S/B set can, only one gives up the hole-in-shell convincer. Would offering new presentations possible with chips and purse (possibly at extra cost to buyer) along with a hard material version be viable? It would appeal to this buyer. And a sincere thanks for all the top quality work and creativity.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
By feel I mean how they feel to you... using real chips, I believe, gives it credibility. Porper also makes a chip routine with metal chips but they don't look like poker chips. Another dealer has a similar set made of metal with painted on color centers and they just look cheap, even tho they cost more to make...

AND... at one point in our routine the stack of 3 chips is placed into a spectator's hands...

If you really look over the messages there really are a very few that had a problem and you will find that many folks have a problem with EVERYTHING, regardless of the maker/quality... you can't please every one.

Those "worker" magicians that have our version all love it and have put it right into their shows. To me that is what counts most.
Alex Ng
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
62 Posts

Profile of Alex Ng
Dear Pete, I received my set today and was very happy with those well-made clips.

I would like to know that whether I can buy some extra non-gimmicked clips with the same design for my Cody Fisher's CSB routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Poker Chip Surprise by Biro & Porper (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL