The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Sidewalk and festival photos and video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Following Tom's lead, I put together photos and videos from the past few years together. It is primarily a promotional tool, but I hope you can get some enjoyment out of it. It is compiled video and footage of Michael Baker and me from our pitch in 5 points and at festivals in Birmingham.

Check it out here.
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
Great clip Jim, good to see you and Michael Baker working. Michael Baker's fire book is the best, and I loved the jumbo watch! I'd like to see more videos of your work, perhaps you doing some cups work too! I did like how you had the audience participating in most of your shots. Seems Luke can learn from Yoda after all Smile
Trying to do the right thing, one customer at a time!
http://www.magicpitch.com/
We weed out the junk so you don't have to!
Visit our Blog at http://magicpitch.blogspot.com/
carddealer69
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of carddealer69
Great clip Jim. Would like to see more videos of your work.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Jim
Very nice promo clip.
Thanks
Mario
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
You know.....all these recent clips of various members performing has me thinking........maybe we should have a whole room in this forum where you can post vidclips and pics? Just a thought.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2005-09-23 23:03, Magicpitch wrote:
Great clip Jim, good to see you and Michael Baker working. Michael Baker's fire book is the best, and I loved the jumbo watch! I'd like to see more videos of your work, perhaps you doing some cups work too! I did like how you had the audience participating in most of your shots. Seems Luke can learn from Yoda after all Smile

I am glad you guys like it. Michael has a great show. Also, I do have video of me performing the cups. One issue is that, like most people, I hate to hear myself on audio or video (I sound like a hick... oh wait, I am!)- so I covered it with music. The main issue however, is that the audio is not consistent in many places. And the video is a little jumpy.

Luke and Yoda?
I will say that Gazzo certainly had an impact on my presentation. I know that those who have attended his masterclasses can testify the same. The subtlies are what make the difference... things he'll teach you one to one that you don't pick up in a book or on a video.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Mighty fool: That would be a great add on to the site or for a totally new site devoted to this. The only problem is server space needed to store the video clips and how technically one would do this.

I have found that these videos has taught me a lot and I have enjoyed viewing them all. I am not so much viewing the tricks and effects as I am viewing and studying the characters, how you handle an audience, how you direct and control that audience. There is so much one can learn from watching another performer who is willing to share their performance with others.

Jim,

Great stuff. Do not be afraid to let your video speak . =) If you indeed talk during your performances, and if the audience is reacting nicely to it, then it obviously is working no matter what you think you sound like. Certainly if the video or sound quality is bad, then I can understand not being able to do so. Keep up the great work.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
What Jim did not mention concerning vocal audio is that many of the clips were shot without audio. Of those that have audio, while the video portions for the most part are good (they were shot on professional equipment), at the festival we were working, the organizers had unthinkingly scheduled us directly across the street from first, a high school drum corps, and then a rhythm drum circle. YEE-HA! We were forced to shout to be heard from 5 feet away, and the audio track is largely horrible... not really worthy of inclusion. If you have seen/heard what the airplane fly-over did to Tom Frank's audio on his recent Cups and Balls video, imagine if that was all the way through the show!

I have thought about putting up the video of my C&B routine, but I probably won't because of that constant drumming, even though I am quite pleased with the quality of video. We can get other shots in the near future.

The audio was our weakest link the day that stuff was shot. We felt it wasn't in our best interest to include that on a promo piece... besides Jim being a hick! Smile

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Hehehe I totally understand. With working as many festiuvals as my wife and I do each year, we often have poroblems with bands and other noise in the festival grounds. The best advice is to just film as often as you can with the different gigs you are doing. RThe more footage, the more chances you have of acquiring the right fotage for your promo stuff. Thanks again for sharing with us all.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Wonderful. Thanx for sharing.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Say Jim,

Is that the escape chain you're using? Because it kinda looks like a rope in the clips. Maybe my player is just fuzzy.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Magic Tad
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Magic Tad
Great cilp I hope it has gotten you lots of work. I would hire you on the spot with a clip like that. Magic Tad
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Nice stuff!

I enyoyed it a lot!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Quote:
On 2005-09-25 03:25, The Mighty Fool wrote:
Say Jim,

Is that the escape chain you're using? Because it kinda looks like a rope in the clips. Maybe my player is just fuzzy.

It is a rope for rope thru body.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Video is great and it's nice to see you guys workin' it!

Thanks to Michael I have been giving my audience the finger all summer! Thanks Michael, I never sausage a good trick! Smile

Are you doing that one on the street Michael? It is a fun builder if you get them yelling when they see "the finger".

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Although I do use it quite a bit, when Jim and I are tag-teaming, we pare down to tighten the set. At this recent Artwalk Festival where much of the video came from, I did not use it. Glad it's working for you! Saw your recently posted photo here, and it looks like you're not having any trouble getting a fun and appreciative crowd! Keep it up!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2005-09-25 19:28, Jim Wilder wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-09-25 03:25, The Mighty Fool wrote:
Say Jim,

It is a rope for rope thru body.

You guys should hear the crowd reaction when that rope is pulled through Jim's waist! Great trick!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Don't wanna be on anyone's bandwagon, but, where can I look into the rope effect further?

I watched the clip a few times and love it more!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-09-24 10:36, magic4u02 wrote:
Mighty fool: That would be a great add on to the site or for a totally new site devoted to this. The only problem is server space needed to store the video clips and how technically one would do this.

Perhaps a specific spot on the Café where people could post links to their own sites which would contain the photo and/or video information.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Beautiful clip, the music and timing work very well. Excellent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Sidewalk and festival photos and video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL