The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needle Through the Hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Years ago there was an effect advertised (I think in Genii) of the above title. There was no gimmick to it. It was very real. Is there anyone who knows this effect?

David Smile
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi I don't think you can do it for real they are 18 arteries in the dorsal surface of the hand and 14 arteries in the deep dorsal surface.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This used an acupuncture needle, and went through a very specific part of the hand. Smile
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
I learned a version using a spinal needle (they're the longest, and hence look more impressive) although they're rather expensive.
look at diagrams of the tendons in your hand, you'll see there's a void with nothing in it just below your middle two knuckles.
If you're doing this (don't) but if you are, start from the back of the hand, and poke through to the front. That way, you're less likely to hit stuff.
Be prepared for it to hurt.
I think David Blaine did this on a TV special here in the UK. Jonathan Ross show as far as I know.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
If anyone does come across this I would love to see the information.

EDIT. I posted this at the same moment the above was posted. I would still appreciate any further info though! Thanks for that James.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
I don't know if this will work directly, but see this picture...

http://www.bmezine.com/ritual/A40101/high/iam00004321.jpg

If it doesn't work, search images.google.com for "needle through hand" or "hand piercing"

Disclaimer: don't do this...

anyway,
That picture should show you where roughly the sweet spot is.

Go slow. as I said, from back to front.

As soon as you feel any extreme pain, pull out - chances are you've hit something you shouldn't have.

Did I tell you to go slow?

The sorest part should be when it pops through your palm.

Don't move your fingers or hand too much when the needle is fully through, that'd cause tendons & muscles inside your hand to move which might collide with the needle if it's not exactly in the right place.

If your right handed, puncture the left hand - and vice versa. If you do it wrong, your hand will be out of commission for a few days - best to injure the hand you don't use too often.

Another cool part of this is a tiny stigmata like bruise that stays for a few days on the palm of your hand.

Always use clean needles, the thinner the better.

I think I've told you as much as I know.

Ooh, don't use piercing needles - they are designed to remove a small circle of flesh. Instead use medical needles.

-James
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Sorry yes you can do it with a acupuncture needle you can go through the middle of the hand.
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Here's where you should start the insersion...

http://www.bmezine.com/ritual/A40101/high/iam00004324.jpg

and "aim" for the area you seen in the 1st picture.
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Cool, I'll need to find the price of accupuncture needles.. I stopped doing this cos spinal needles were so ***ed expensive.
Thanks for the tip.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Where can you buy acupuncture needles? Smile
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
For acupuncture needles go to http://www.goacupuncture.com/ and this picture will help more http://photos.bravenet.com/184/361/083/8/8454977E1F.jpg
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Just seen some acupuncture needles on ebay too, although I dunno if that's entirely safe.

Here's the place I bought my spinal needles before - as I said, quite expensive.

http://www.bmeshop.com/ProductCart/pc/vi......duct=927
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Why dpe666?? U wanna try it....??? Your turn now...and tell me the result.
Go buy th enedle first...and good luck from me :o)
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi james do people freak out by this act?
Zane13
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Zane13
I used to know a sideshow performer who pretty much paralysed his hand doing this act,he had a really cool pincushion routine which involved having the needles hooked up to a pump which sprayed fake blood at the crowd.So unless your very experienced in this area,don't do anything stupid.
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Do people freak out?
Yes. Yes they do.

However, I don't recommend doing this - for the reasons Zane13 posted. I'd say the reaction is slightly better than a really good blockhead routine.
I recently discovered that there exists a "magic" way of doing this, that was on sale in the 70s. I'm going to look into it more, I'll keep you posted.
-James
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
James,

Thanks, please let us know if you find out a source less dangerous.

I do blockhead and pen through eye. This would be a nice finish:)

Candini
babyjoe
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, England
113 Posts

Profile of babyjoe
Yes, I attempted blockhead with a pen at school (wrong thing to do really) and I did manage to get it in quite a way, its kinda tickles/itches when its in but I love these sort of stunts

any can someone make a video of themselves doing this if they can I would really like to see this done
www.armagic.co.nr

Always Growing, As a Performer and As a Person
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I'll put up an article and pictures this weekend on my website. I did the Human Pin Cushion for the first time this weekend. A buddy of mine is a piercer, so I used 3 of his needles.

-One through the chest
-One through the hand
-One through the forearm

After the pains gone, watch fr bleeding, but that'll only last for 2-3 seconds.

I even stapled a dollar to my stomach...

Like I said, It will be up by friday. I'm stuck out of town and waiting for new head gaskets to be put on the car!
swee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of swee
I saw it on THEM special too.But instead using needles, he uses a screwdriver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needle Through the Hand (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL