The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book buying time. Card Conspiracy or AOA, and which volume. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
Ok, I'm gonna buy another book. I want Card Conspiracy or AOA, But I can only get one book right now. I focus a lot, maybe too much, on card magic, so I'm leaning toward AOA, but which volume? I need stuff that can be done on the fly. With little or no set up. Thanks
If the eyes are the window to the soul, you're not going to like the view.
Ryan Matney
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Ryan Matney
AOA is almost entirely card magic. Card Conspiracy (any volume) is excellent and the majority of the magic can be done from a shuffled deck. There are excellent tricks with stacks as well that may encoruage you to set a deck up before you go out.
www.pocket-tricks.com
The Close-Up Magic Shop
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I'd give a vote for Paul Harris' Art of Astonishment.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Can't be wrong with AoA, especially vol 3, then 1 then 2
Smile Smile Smile
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
AoA Volume #3!!!! Paul Harris is a genius!
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
Can I get some of the top picks out of AoA #3? Also a short description of the effects would help too. Thanks guys
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
Another vote for AOA
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
Quote:
On 2005-09-25 00:05, dead_man wrote:
Can I get some of the top picks out of AoA #3? Also a short description of the effects would help too. Thanks guys

Below are some of the card highlights on volume 3 of AoA.

The Anything Deck - Place a small packet of cards under the case ... any word or name is called out ... you spread the packet to reveal the exact same word, written in thick black marker across the backs of the cards. A completely new principle for releasing deep astonishment.

Bat Fishing - A spectator brings out any dollar and fairly selects eight cards. The number on the eight cards astonishingly match all eight serial numbers on the dollar ... and you never touched the bill or the cards!

The Shuffling Lesson - You sit back and enjoy the show while you induce a spectator to unknowingly stack, false shuffle, then false cut a deck all by themselves... so that spectator can deal themselves the winning hand.

In addition, to these effects there are many more routines which are fantastic!!!
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
Quote:
On 2005-09-25 03:03, love2laugh wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-09-25 00:05, dead_man wrote:

Below are some of the card highlights on volume 3 of AoA.

The Anything Deck - Place a small packet of cards under the case ... any word or name is called out ... you spread the packet to reveal the exact same word, written in thick black marker across the backs of the cards. A completely new principle for releasing deep astonishment.

Bat Fishing - A spectator brings out any dollar and fairly selects eight cards. The number on the eight cards astonishingly match all eight serial numbers on the dollar ... and you never touched the bill or the cards!

The Shuffling Lesson - You sit back and enjoy the show while you induce a spectator to unknowingly stack, false shuffle, then false cut a deck all by themselves... so that spectator can deal themselves the winning hand.

In addition, to these effects there are many more routines which are fantastic!!!

Ok, thanks. I think I'll pick of AoA vol #3
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
The Anything Deck is one of my favorite card effects. You'll love the book! There are also non-card items which are great as well. I have a feeling you'll end up getting all three volumes after you see volume 3. This is exactly what happened to me. Enjoy reading this wonderful material!

L2L
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I might be biased, but I would pick both volumes of Card Conspiracy, which are 100% card magic, wheres AOA is not.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
OiNutter
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
83 Posts

Profile of OiNutter
I just got AOA Vol 1 yesterday and at first glances me gusta mucho! Stuff like apple and improv nightshades is just the sort of magic I want to do so I'm happy with it so far, looking forward to a more in depth read!
www.oinutter.co.uk

I could read your mind but I'm afraid of what I'd find
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
Quote:
On 2005-09-27 07:00, Peo Olsson wrote:
I might be biased, but I would pick both volumes of Card Conspiracy, which are 100% card magic, wheres AOA is not.

Could you give me more info on card conspiracy? Some of the best effects. By the way, after talking to you, I did get dear mr. fantasy, and must say, I was really impressed. Thanks for the recomendation.
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
Quote:
On 2005-09-27 07:00, Peo Olsson wrote:

Peo is correct so if you only want card effects then Card Conspiracy may be your better choice. I also own Dear Mr. Fantasy and I love this book. John Bannon is an excellent author. Overall, if I had to choose from Card Conspiracy and AoA I'd still favor AoA since Paul Harris' work is a must read. The non card effects are very refreshing which break up the card items. However, I think both are must have books it is just a matter of which you start with in my opinion. You cannot go wrong with either. It is like choosing between Filet Mignon and Lobster. Maybe get one volume of Card Conspiracy and one volume of AoA. The thing I like best about AoA is Paul's creativity. AoA is entertaining to read since the effects are very creative, original, and interesting. I found it almost impossible to put down AoA once I began reading this material. Card Conspiracy is also fantastic. It all comes down to time and budget. I wish you the best.

L2L
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
AOA is what you want to get. It really doesn't have a whole lot of card stuff. It is loaded with very useful information and effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book buying time. Card Conspiracy or AOA, and which volume. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL