We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Paper for Bill Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2227 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I want to print my own currency for a bill manipulation act using the Osaka bills method. What kind of paper is best to use for this type of effect? Should it be thin or thick?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
I would try 80 gr. kunstdruck paper with glossy finish.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
You can often times find a paper outlet store in your area. Most cities have them. This is a great place where you can go and test out and feel the different papers they have available for you. Most will always allow you to see the paper and feel it and test it out before you buy a reem of it or a box. So do not be afraid to ask them there exactly what you are looking for and the quality and characteristics of the paper that you need. They are paper experts and can certainly point you in the right direction towards the paper that may work the best for you.

in most places, there are 2 phrases you will want to remember for when looking for paper. These are poundage and brightness factor. The poundage is really the overall weight of the paper an reflects directly on how thick and hevy it is. The brightness factor is a factor in paper that ranges up to 100%. It means the overall brightness of the paper to really being PURE white. The higher the brightness factor, the whiter the paper really is. I tend to like a paper with a brightness of 96 or higher as it gives me the best printing and looks the best.

Hope this helps.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Lou,
I print about 200 Bills a month. The 'Osaka Bills' is part of my act.
I tried all kinds of paper, light, heavy, Linen bond, etc. Today I use very white inexpensive copy paper.
The Osaka move will still tear the most expensive paper.
All my "Bills" are promotional and given out to my audiences.
I found it to much more economical to use copy paper and just replace your performance 'bills' every show.
Flexability is the key to Osaka, the heavier the paper the production becomes very difficult. Only real currancy is able to take the abuse of Osaka.
Even when I used real bills, they would get shop worn and eventually tear.
I want people to pick up my bills and keep them. It has brought me many good referrals.

Regards,
Wizzard
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2227 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Thanks bojanbarisic, Kyle and Wizzard for your replies. I do plan to print promotional bills and give them away. I was thinking of re-using most of it but according to Wizzard, these will not last after a few performances. The search then would be the paper that is most closest thing to banknotes because these are indeed durable.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22921 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The best paper to use for making fake Bills would be Tyvex I believe it is called. The post office make this 'Can't Tear' material for priority mail envelopes and it is used in the bullding industry.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Tyvex is very tough but hard to print on. It repels the ink.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22921 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Of course it may not be cheap to print, it may even be only possible to silk screen it, as I know this works. But this was about the best paper and that is the best paper for toughness.

I have some Supeme Manipulation bills, these are made out of heavy gloss paper like fingerpaint paper. This paper would not work for the Osaka bill production.

I believe there is a bill production in Tarbell and Pat Page marketed a bill production some years back and sold through Show-biz Magic here in the states.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Paper for Bill Manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL