The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Candy Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

benafito
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of benafito
I'm going to be getting a dove pan soon for a candy/sweets production, but I would like to know if anyone does know of any candy productions that you have bought or came up with yourself without using a dove pan! Just curious! Thanks!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Around Halloween (hey, we're at that time now!) I like to use a "Halloween Hand Bag" to produce a seemingly "never-ending" supply of candy. If you don't know what a Halloween Hand Bag is, you can see one on my site at http://magicnook.com/muggles.htm ... but check your local dollar stores and K-Mart/Target stores before buying one from me. It's totally ungimmicked, even though it looks like a magic change bag. The routine for kid shows is that I show it empty, then dump candy out of it into one child's goody bag. I put it down and do some more magic. Then I pick up the Halloween Hand Bag, show it empty, and dump out another load of candy into the second child's goody bag. This goes on all through the show.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
I would always try to routine a candy production last as it can create chaos in the earlier stages.

It's not so much the production that can be problematic, but you need to very carefully control the children around this (even set the groundrules before)as it can create a 'gold rush'. Also make sure that the candy's prewrapped and check with the parents for allergies. I wouldn't use candy that contained peanuts just in case.

Anyway, just a bit of advice from someone who put it in the wrong order once (and once was more than enough...).
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You can always do the "never-ending production of eggs" using small apples, which you pass out to the kids. That oversomes the objections of many of the anti-candy moms and dads.

The dove pan looks like a grape bowl anyway, so why not produce grapes? That's assuming you can clean out years of dove poop. No matter what you do, if you produce anything edible for kids, someone is going to object or have a problem with it. We live in an age of lawsuits. You hand a clean, organically grown, seedless grape to the kid in the front row and if he chokes on it, you get sued. So maybe the best thing (for you) is to just give them "eye-candy."
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Alicardabra from the UK does an invisible baking routine with a candy production at the end using a Devil's Hank and a bowl.
Ditto on Whiterabbit's sentiments of doing the production at the end. They usually have enough sugar in them by the time your show starts to keep you busy enough.

George
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Once in a while I use the "candyman" routine from Harlan's birthday show dvd. He uses the flat lolipops. This is a great end of show routine, very easy to make. I prefer to use Airheads since Costco sells them in bulk and they pack flat and kids go nuts over them. Of course, you don't have to use candy for the load.
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Candy Productions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL