The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Snow Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
RSteele
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of RSteele
Make your own. If you have a KJ version it's on the video. The snow loads dwarf the packets in my opinion.
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
296 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Half-baked idea... I don't do snow, but it sounds like quite a few of you do... The basic premise is the opposite of the standard presentation: Not "snow is so amazing and magical and I like it" but instead "Snow is really a pain in the *** because it messes up traffic and I gotta get to work on time and sidewalks need shoveling and the snowplow blocks my car in" and on and on.

I don't know how you'd lead up to it, but then when the "snowstorm" happens, you could be really, REALLY disgruntled and frustrated.
a.k.a. Nathan Allen
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
296 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Quote:
On 2006-04-10 07:33, Bryan Gilles wrote:
Falling ashes reminds me of Schindler's List. On a more serious note...

>...implying the Schindler's List reference was on a *comical* note?! LOLOLOLOL
a.k.a. Nathan Allen
blade6
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of blade6
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2005, brandonford1982 wrote:
Has anyone seen any good routines for the snowstorm illusion that have not involved the sappy story of seeing snow.... I am just curious who has put a new spin on creating snow. An idea I had was to have a labratory setting and try to create snow using just water and wind and the heat fromt he hands..... or somethingt o that degree.... Any other routines?

I agree a different approach can be nice. I use my niece as a reference. "she was obsessed with the movie FROZEN and wanted to make snow like Elsa at her finger tips. So I created this for her"
can also be X-Men and you say you were intrigued by the the guy making ice at his hands.
like that you still produce snow but in a less childhood memory dream way

cheers
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I actually prefer David Copperfield's rendition of this. For a long time, I was using (with permission) Kiki Tay's version. It was emotional for the audience, and worked for me. I no longer do a ton of stage shows, though, so it has been a very long time since I have even done this effect. If I ever go back to stage work, I intend to write my own.

Quote:
On Sep 27, 2005, Bill Scarlett wrote:
I have seen several well known magicians perform the snowstorm and they have all been depressingly similar.

1. Talk about your days as a child wishing for snow.
2. Cue the emotion-filled music.
3. Crank out copious amounts of snow.
4. Receive standing ovation.

Kevin James has the best rendition, in my opinion. I wish some of the other guys would work on coming up with a unique presentation. I live in Vermont, so wishing for snowstorms is kind of ridiculous and might get the audience to turn on me. Hey, maybe an idea for a less sentimental presentation...
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Snow Routines (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL