The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Production Ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I am seeking some ideas regarding production items from a fifth finger. Is anyone out there willing to help me out?

Alan wheeler
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
woodywizard
View Profile
New user
columbus Indiana
21 Posts

Profile of woodywizard
I have never heard of a fifth finger, although a sixth finger is very useful. Basically if you have overused the TT. and want to produce a larger silk(18") from fairly close up than you can use it. It is helpfull for competitions in front of other magicians. Say you show your hand. If you felt brave you could(for fellow performers only) wiggle your thumb or some other gesture to show the audience(of magicians, obviously),"Hey guys look, no TT!" then you could to precede to cup your hands or whatever and precede with the production. Then you could produce candles or birds or whatever from it. I usually use it to obtain a silk for another effect like 20TH century silks,as a matter of fact it could be a vanish as well. Hope this helps.
Brian Woodbridge
(Woodywizard)
A happy person does not have a certain set of circumstances, but a certain set of attitudes.
Mary Hamlin
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Whoops. Don't know why I called it a "fifth" finger. Must be the bad effects of my drinking days when all I thought about was "fifths." Yes, I did mean what can be produced from a s**th finger. But I couldn't even get a 18 inch silk to go in mine and wonder how you use it for candles or birds!

But I am grateful for the ideas. Thanks woodywizard!

Alan Wheeler
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Quick Update:

I am still experimenting, but the best thing I have found to produce so far is a handful of feathers.

Alan Wheeler
A BLENDED PATH
Word Crimes
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Quote:
On 2005-09-27 22:43, Alan Wheeler wrote:
Whoops. Don't know why I called it a "fifth" finger. Must be the bad effects of my drinking days when all I thought about was "fifths." Yes, I did mean what can be produced from a s**th finger. But I couldn't even get a 18 inch silk to go in mine and wonder how you use it for candles or birds!

But I am grateful for the ideas. Thanks woodywizard!

Alan Wheeler

Alan, have you tried using a diamond cut silk, 18" in length?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Production Ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL