The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review for: Gumball Poker by Devin Knight & John Moyer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I have some questions regarding this effect. Hope Devin can help out.

Does the gumball machine take in only quarters?
If so, are quarters included since some of us don't live in the States.

How's the reset like for this effect?
Will it be difficult to place the balls back into the machine?

Is there a set of cards included or do we supply our own cards?

Will Murphys be carrying this product or is it a Hocus exclusive?

Thanks.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Gumball will take quarters and anything smaller.
Reset is fast, undo a screw and lift up the chamber. We made it easy to reset. NO cards are supplied as any regular deck is used. The trick is based on John's specially designed gumball machine and my methods using it.

HP is the first dealer to have it. Later other dealers may get it, and I stress MAY as we only made 144 units available. HP could easily sell these out in a few weeks.

Devin
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
...A link would have been nice. So here it is;

A Link...

Dr. Zordas.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The new improved version is now in stock at HP and ready for shipping. New Killer endings not in the original trick.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I ordered about a month ago from Hocus Pocus and have been waiting. Will I get the improved version with the new killer endings?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yes all orders get the new improved version. Sorry for the delay in getting this out but I think you guys will find it was worth the wait. Some really clever stuff that one of mentors Mel Strouse added into my basic routine. Suggest you go to HP and re-read the ad for all the new features.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Anyone has gotten their gumball machine?
Care to share with us how well it plays?

A review would be greatly appreciated.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I got this and because the gumballs were packaged inside the machine, the glass globe shattered and I had to pay $8 to ship it back to Hocus Pocus out of my pocket. I got the new one (with gumballs packaged in a bag alone) -- and the machine itself does what it claims to do, however all of my gumballs are no good. They are chipped from bouncing around in shipping and the colored candy coating on the outside chipped off most of them, leaving them looking terrible. In most cases the imprinted number on the gumball cannot even be read anymore. Now I need to go spend more money and buy regular gumballs and manually label them myself with a sharpie one by one......what a waste of my time!!!! I would be interested to see if Devin is willing to ship me a bag of gumballs by themself in better condition than the ones I got.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Consider it done Smile
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1163 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Same, but I figure they're only gumballs. It would have made sense to put the numbered gumballs inside the globe for protection and leave the regular ones outside, where who cares if they crack?
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I have the same problem with the gumballs too. Only a few gumballs had visible writing on them. Most of them were either cracked or the writing had faded.

For that price, I would have expected better quality props.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Devin sent me a pvt message immediately and he took good care of me -- I have to say, that him going above and beyond to help me really shows me what kind of a guy he is. Definitely someone who cares about his customers. THANKS!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I have had little control over the gumballs as I got them specially printed from a gumball company. Intially we were shipping the gumballs inside the machine. WHICH was a mistake as it did allow them to move and crack during shipment. Some of the dealers then removed the gumballs from the machine (even though they were cracked)and sent them.

We have since stop packing them gumballs in the machine. They are now tightly packed
in a bag to prevent movement during shipment. I recently had Murphy's return their stock to me and all were repacked and new gumballs were properly packed. If you get one now there should be no problem with the gumballs. At the beginning we had no idea that unless the balls were tightly packed in a bag that movement would crack them. In fact correcting this error virtually wiped out any profit on the intial run of the trick but I felt it had to be done to keep my customers happy.

Anyhow outside of intial problem with the gumballs being loose, the trick and routine itself is very solid and I've gotten many favorable comments about the routine.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I got my gumballs in a separate bag but the gumballs were still cracked. The gumball machine smelled of gumball too even though it was empty. On the box, it even says gumballs not included.
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Can anyone review it. I am looking at one and want to buy one but not sure.
mike
Mister MoLoToV
View Profile
New user
Destelbergen
65 Posts

Profile of Mister MoLoToV
Yes, I really would like a review to because I would like to buy one to.
Magicgeek
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek
I bought one and the gumball were so badly chipped, broken and stale that they were useless. I took it back to the local magic shop for a refund. I donot want another.
wcz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of wcz
Despite the problem with the gumballs themselves. Does anyone have a review of the illusion itself?
you can purchase the poker gumballs easily enough on the web. But is the effect any good?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I really wish someone would review this. Despite the problems with the gumballs, I always felt there were some very clever ideas in this. Because of the problems with the gumballs, I decided to discontinue the item. Murphys Magic has the remaining 27 units and no more will be made in the future. Dealers can still get this from them but once the 27 are gone, the trick is gone.

Gumball Poker is one of the most unusual poker deal tricks you will see and it generates lots of interest from the spectators. The effect just seems totally impossible as the spectator's are given free choices of which hands to play and discard, yet despite the free choices the gumball machine always spits out the gumball that has a value to make the hand the highest possible. NO forces and the choice of hands are free. Can be instantly repeated with different results with NO SET UP.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review for: Gumball Poker by Devin Knight & John Moyer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL