The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gregory Wilson’s Pyrotechnic Pasteboards DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wu tang
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
54 Posts

Profile of wu tang
I was wondering if anyone could give a review on that dvd.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1789 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Good DVD. Not as good as card stunts. For working performer Greg´s ambitious card routine is worth price of the DVD. There is also good routine that has time travel theme. The ending is very good and fooled me badly. There the deck is transformed into card box in blink of an eye. It looks amazing. There is also Wilson version of David Williamson 51 cards to pocket that I consider to be better that Williamsons. Other Wilson variation on Williamsons effect is three card trick. Three cards are counted and there is always four. It is little similar to Dan Garrets four card reiteration. The ending is very good and allows you to display normal deck of cards as 3-4 decks.
Then there is flourish way to cut to four aces and spectator cuts to aces that wasn´t very good. Also the ending, FISM aces is big disapointment.
There is some moves explained and Gregs backstage pass is one that i started using immediately after seeing it.
Still if you liked card stunts you will probably like this DVD also.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I was very dissappointed that there wasn't even one effect that involved fire. This is still a great tape with tons of touches on classics. A great buy for the intermediate to advanced card worker.
Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
I just watched it and was impressed by many of the above effects, but I really liked the spectator cutting the aces. I thought it was direct and entertaining. I really like the big deck illusion. I think it is funny and convincing. I am sure I will use that a lot. The pass is a good variation.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I just bought a bunch of stuff and this dvd was the only real disappointment. FISM aces looks a lot like the Boomerang Card of Death. If you already know how to do Audley Walsh's spinner, neither of these presentation are all that groundbreaking. The one part of the whole tape that really caught my attention was the cards jumping back into the card case, which relies on a gimmick that he doesn't even explain how to make! If you aren't going to teach something, just leave it off the tape entirely. I hate being teased like that.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Well... Geoff he tells you what the case is. I think it is very hard to make one of those cases by your-self. All it is, is a modifed flash colour changing card case.

Lee
ferretface
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of ferretface
Quote:
On 2002-11-07 06:30, korttihai_82 wrote:
Good DVD. Not as good as card stunts.

I agree, Card Stunts was better. Smile
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
I bought the DVD and I thought it was great. I loved the spectator cuts to the aces. I LOVED FISM aces. Definetly my favorite on the DVD. This will definetly go into my act. The deck switch was awesome. His cards to pocket was very cool. Man, every single of these routines were great. He was very entertaining and the quality of the DVD is SUPERB. I am mostly into coins, but this stuff has gotten me excited about some card stuff.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
I really like his Backstage Pass. The ambitious routine with the blank deck was also very good. I haven't seen Card Stunts, but I liked this a lot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gregory Wilson’s Pyrotechnic Pasteboards DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL