The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Card Glue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1440 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
What is the BEST permanent glue to use to glue one card to another?
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
608 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Super glue is pretty good, but it can crack over time. I use an adhesive that retains it's rubbery feel even after it is dried, like a silicone.

I have also used contact cement. This can crack a little though. Look for something that is rubbery and flexible.

I will write again when I remember the exact name of the stuff.

TomK
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1279 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Why would you want to glue two cards together? Super glue would probably work well.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2005-09-29 19:52, themagicman101 wrote:
Why would you want to glue two cards together? Super glue would probably work well.

Contact/rubber cement with a dry application has always served me well.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
608 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I have done many things with a glued fan of cards or a solid pack of glued cards, even some totally glued in the box. It's fun to do off the wall routines like these.

What type of routine do you plan on doing? That might affect your choice of glue.

TomK

Tom Kracker
My website
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1440 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I,m gluing an entire deck for a Paul Harris effect.

I,ve used many glues over the years for cards and over time they seem to come apart.

ELMERS
KRAZY GLUE
RUBBER CEMENT
EPOXY
GLUE STICK
SPRAY ON ADHESIVE
etc etc....
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Use a clamp w/Elmers Non-Wrinkling Rubber cement. I use 2 pieces of 3" x 4"; 1/4"
thick plexiglass to sandwich the cards and clamp them over night. I use a spring type clamp I picked up at Home Depot for $1.99 or you can use a std "C" clamp. I use this method to glue split cards to make my own gaffs...never had a problem with them coming apart. Smile

<<<<KRaZy4Kardz>>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
608 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2005-09-30 01:36, MagicMan1957 wrote:
I,m gluing an entire deck for a Paul Harris effect.

Is that effect called Solid Deception? I haven't seen it performed yet, but I was told my routine is similar to that. I thought that was cool because I came up with my routine independently without prior knowledge of anyone else doing it.

TomK

Tom Kracker
My website
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
"Elmers Non-Wrinkling Rubber cement"

They don't sell it where I live and after contacting Elmers I can only get it by requesting that the local Staples makes a custom order for it...

Guess I'm SOL unless I can find the item on eBay or something.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
I use GLUE STICK and have had good success.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1207 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Why the best, why not just what gets the job done?
Unless you're preparing cards for the afterlife - I do have several decks that I have for the passage, just pm me - why not something temporary?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
Tom-Solid Deception is an ACR wherin the whole dech becomes glued together. Doesn't sound great by my description, but add the paul Harris touch and it becomes a masterpiece
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of asper
There are other stationary suppliers aside from Staples. There's a new thing called Google.com, try it.
Quote:
On 2005-09-30 23:48, Alikzam wrote:
"Elmers Non-Wrinkling Rubber cement"

They don't sell it where I live and after contacting Elmers I can only get it by requesting that the local Staples makes a custom order for it...

Guess I'm SOL unless I can find the item on eBay or something.
CaptRitz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of CaptRitz
Quote:
On 2005-09-30 02:15, KRZ4kardz wrote:
Use a clamp w/Elmers Non-Wrinkling Rubber cement. I use 2 pieces of 3" x 4"; 1/4"
thick plexiglass to sandwich the cards and clamp them over night. I use a spring type clamp I picked up at Home Depot for $1.99 or you can use a std "C" clamp. I use this method to glue split cards to make my own gaffs...never had a problem with them coming apart. Smile

<<<<KRaZy4Kardz>>>>

Yes! Clamp!
Not clamping is the main reason for failure.
Old saying..."If you didn't clamp it, you didn't glue it".
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2005-09-30 02:15, KRZ4kardz wrote:
Use a clamp w/Elmers Non-Wrinkling Rubber cement.

Quality playing cards are tricky to glue (paste). There are many factors responsible for getting a good bond. Please check out The Art of Card Splitting with Martini - DVD. The DVD covers all aspects of making your own gaffed cards & includes the above point mentioned by KRZ4kardz. It's a good DVD on making your own gaffed cards and explains many finer points.

Best,

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ditjen
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ditjen
If as you stated, you are trying to glue a whole deck of cards together as a pack and never want them to come loose, the best thing would probably be "Gorilla Glue" which you can get at Walmart. It is super strong, I have never seen it come apart on anything I've ever glued yet and it stickes to virtually anything. It even has glued bricks together for me. Great for many things around the house too.

If anyone reading this thread needs something to stick temporarily without leaving some nasty residue, try the restickable glue stick. It's great for doing "Fraud" with dollars and will stick a playing card to glass and still be easy to remove without anyone being wiser.

Hope this helps,
Don Itjen

Regards,
Don Itjen
alondon
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of alondon
The easiest is 3M spray mount available at Michael's
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Card Glue (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.43 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL