The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Most Expensive Kid Show Item (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Most Expensive? Wolfs Wacky Weasel is my most expensive childrens prop.

Wait, no, it's my Sony AIBO

However, the most $$$ spent for my shows is my DMX lights and PC and software to run it all. I don't always use my lights but when I do, it's pure theater and entertainment!
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
The most expensive THING is probably my mini-sound system. The most expensive trick that I use in a kidshow is the Axtell Drawing Board.
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
My sound system is also my most expencive item. The most expencive, used item in my new show is axtels "seal" puppet.

enjoy,
dani
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I would guess that the most expensive "thing" in my show are the elements all put together for my drawer box routine, so not necessarily a single prop. But more looking at what is involved in a single "routine" in the show.

I have the cost of the drawer box, the 200' chain of beads, the 3' picture silk (soon will be upgraded to a 6' picture silk), the 60' silk streamer, a chain of twenty 18" silks, and ten 36" individually colored silks. Plus I also use 4 (quality) feather flower bouquets in the routine. All told, probably close to $1200 worth of props in one routine. And yes, I perform this routine in my family shows all of the time. It's one of my main closers.

I also recently acquired a used ata-case-style sub trunk that cost me about $1500. Apparently, the wrist shackles for the trunk are originally from Mark Kalin and Ginger's act (they used in their version of Andre Kole's spiked table of death illusion). I haven't used this prop in a show yet, still rehearsing it before putting it into the show, and still using my older wood crate style sub trunk for now (that one belonged to Shawn Farquhar when he was a teen).

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
The most expensive

sketch pad - sean bogunia 350$
Chair Suspension - 400 $
snake from basked electronic with water(card) - 350 $
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Most Expensive Kid Show Item (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL