The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic while guitar playing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I have gathered household items together and made percussion instruments out of them. I play a basic soundtrack with just a hi-hat cymbal to set the pace. I then grab an "instrument" and demonstrate the "beat" I would like. I then hand it to my volunteer and continue til I have all 8 "instruments" going. I then grab my guitar and play and sing a song with my "all volunteer accoustic band". The kids love it, the parents love it and I can share the stage with 8 kids.

The percussion instruments are all home made and simple objects that make a variety of noizes. For instance, I have a Mac N Cheese box that is used as a shaker. I have two wooden blocks that you clap together. I have to flip flop sandels that you clap together. I have a tin lid from a kitchen pot that is used as a cymbal. I have a pie tin and a wooden spoon. I used to use kazoos but they can only be used once so I only use re-usable items now. You would be surprised just how good it sounds when all these instruments are playing together!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic while guitar playing? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL