The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Magic Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RudolfRassen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of RudolfRassen
Can anyone recommend any good books that discuss Fire Magic?

Thanks in Advance!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6046 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Fire Magic.. Fire Eating Plus Many Fire Tricks by Clettis V. Musson. Printed by Magic, Inc.

It comes with lots of warnings and disclaimers. It is the only book I know related to FIRE in the magic field.

It is difficult to rate this book because there are no others to compare it to. It is in a booklet form with 44 pages in the style of Francis Marshall books.

Understand that the effects done in this book can cause harm if done improperly, and are not for everyone. I mention this because the book is clear on it's dangers. It is nice to know this stuff but I wouldn't recommend it for beginners of Magic, but it is good for those who may want to start a side-show carnival performance.

I can't see me licking a red hot poker or eating burning pitch, but I now know how the side-show fakers do it.
Dennis Michael
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
MMMMMMMMMMMM, red hot pokers Smile

Thanx Den
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2949 Posts

Profile of niva
RudolfRassen,
Actually, I think there are some other books on fire. Check at Hank Lee's Magic Factory http://www.magicfact.com and type in "fire" in the search engine.

Apart from that, once I also saw another book on fire, by Alpha and Luce (two French fire magicians. I saw Luce once and she REEEEEEEALLY plays with fire). The book is called 'Fire Magic'. But I think the English version is out of print at the moment and there is only the French version out. They have also got a video on this topic. I would be really thankful if someone could tell me where I can find the book in English.
Ivan Smile
Yours,

Ivan
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
457 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
It's a little on the wilder side, But I came across a book called "The Magicians Arsenal" By Lee Scott.
It is a do it yourself book of building stuff, and has many good fire effects, just be careful.
Steve
zzz
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
I'll have to second DenDowhy's example of Fire Magic, this is an excellent book which is full of information, it is very cheap to, well worth the money.
Alchemist
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Alchemist
Ivan, do you know where to get the video from Alpha and Luce?

Thanks,

Alchemist
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
"The Magicians Arsenal" is out of print these days. I would recommend "How to make Flashes and Puffs of smoke" by Mickey Hades. Email me if you need info on this book.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
457 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
There is a book that is always for sale on ebay Fire & Chemical Magic, it is advertised as containing 200 tricks. Has anyone read this book, and is it worth buying?
Thanks
Steve Smile
zzz
tombola
View Profile
New user
Gothenburg, Sweden
51 Posts

Profile of tombola
The book called "the magicians arsenal" is in my opinion a very unproffesional book, I wouldn´t recommend anyone to try the effects. Most of them seems to be very dangerous. I wouldn´t say it´s a book for magicians.

By the way, the writer seems to be a very violent guy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Magic Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL