The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fly Killa` (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I just shot a fly in half with a rubber band, and I felt I needed to tell someone. Then I thought to myself "SELF!! I'd bet all my friends on the Magic Café would LOVE to hear about killing flies" And here we are now.

Mind you, it was not in the air at the time, but it had in fact landed on the top of my doorframe, so I took the opportunity to rubberband it's *** and now it's in fly heaven. (Mind you again, I didn't use a fancy "Brites" band, those are for magic. I used a cheap Rite Aid band).

A while ago at a retreat for the Youth Orchestra, there happened to be a lot of flies (and I happened to have lots 'o' rubber bands) so my standpartner and took no mercy on any fly that strayed to close to our music.

The two most memorable however, were:

When my friend used a broken Q-tip inside a tube which had been sitting around, as a blowgun, and shot a fly in half that was sitting on my window.

And

One time when a fly was buzzing around my room which was so annoying to me I swiped at it with a pair of nunchakus and I actually hit it, sending it soaring across the room. It died upon impact when it smashed into the mirror. The same thing happened at school once except I used my hat instead of nunchukus.

Basically, flies are gross, loud, and annoying, and they deserve what's coming to them.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Grabbed one with my bare hands. Pulled his wings off. Tied a string of dental floss around his head. Kept him for a pet for a while. Fed him to the fish in the fishtank.

I once broke a dragonfly in half with a BB gun at 20 feet. It was more of an explosion. Ha! Ha!
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
You ***s! Smile

Just wait until god appears with his rubberbands.
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
It's not as if I hunt them down, they come to me and keep flying in my ear. As far as I'm concerned, any fly who gets in my face is a fly with a death wish.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I've caught 5 flies in my home in the last 24 hours. Really slow witted, lethargic, flies, I might add. It was no contest. I assume their wits are addled from the cold temperatures outside (it's below freezing at night, these days, in these parts).

Anyway, since I rarely find flys in my home, this is rather odd.

Now, I _did_ kill 3 or 4 spiders in my basement last week while I was cleaning up.

Maybe I upset the ecological balance in my home?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Maybe a window was just left open...
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
I shot a bumblebee in half with a bb gun once. Just opened my office window and -plink- 2 non-functional half bees.

Also saw my jerk of a jr. high band director get choked up one time when a fly flew into his mouth while directing. Don't know if he took the opportunity to bite it in half, though.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
A fly flew into my mouth once. It actually got caught between my lips right as I was closing my mouth. I spit it out and a moment later realized what had just happened. Maybe that's where all my fly aggression comes from...
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Jordini,
it seems to me that flies are very attractet to you, specially to your face.
Maybe you should think about washing it (and your ears), I've heard flies get attracted by smell a lot. Smile
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-23 05:23, Philipp K wrote:
Jordini,
it seems to me that flies are very attractet to you, specially to your face.
Maybe you should think about washing it (and your ears), I've heard flies get attracted by smell a lot. Smile

Those are normal flies. The flies that come near my face are not right in the head. They're suicidal, and I try to help them fulfil their wishes as best I can.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Euthanasia is illegal !
Except in Holland, I think.
mike paris
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of mike paris
Rather than killing them ,why not spray starch at them,and let them just GLIDE out of the window,he he
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-23 07:50, Philipp K wrote:
Euthanasia is illegal !
Except in Holland, I think.

Well, nobody has discovered any of the bodies, (flushed out to sea) or the glove I buried in my backyard, so as far as I'm concerned, I have nothing to worry about.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
We'll see ..... we'll see !

:bat:
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
I turn the air conditioning on, flight gets wiggly n slow, catch them, pour alcohol n burn the @#$@#$@#$
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
Here is one I rearended with a Penske moving truck a few years back.

http://static.flickr.com/33/56273325_db00dbf48c_o.jpg
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I just remembered that one once flew into a halogen lamp and BBQ'd itself to death. I just remember this huge fly bothering me, then it was close to the lamp, and I heard a loud "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" and then there was a putrid smell.
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
Lowphat - you just reminded me of the worst I've seen.

I used to work in a circuit board laminate factory. We made the stuff that gets printed and etched for circuit boards. We had flies like crazy because they were attracted to the ink we used. You couldn't swat them or else you'd get a great big permanent ink splotch everywhere. One day I received a return from a customer. Apparently a fly, engorged with ink, got sandwiched in a stack of panels before they were shrinkwrapped. Well, that splotch would be bad enough, but Mama fly was carrying some fertilized eggs and they hatched and ate most of dead Mama and then the lovin' little maggots ventured out as far as they could go before they died themselves. Quite a delightful piece of work. I kept it in my office to show visitors...
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-28 09:53, Eric Rose wrote:

Lowphat - you just reminded me of the worst I've seen.

I used to work in a circuit board laminate factory. We made the stuff that gets printed and etched for circuit boards. We had flies like crazy because they were attracted to the ink we used. You couldn't swat them or else you'd get a great big permanent ink splotch everywhere. One day I received a return from a customer. Apparently a fly, engorged with ink, got sandwiched in a stack of panels before they were shrinkwrapped. Well, that splotch would be bad enough, but Mama fly was carrying some fertilized eggs and they hatched and ate most of dead Mama and then the lovin' little maggots ventured out as far as they could go before they died themselves. Quite a delightful piece of work. I kept it in my office to show visitors...

That was by far the best post yet in this thread, thank you very sincerely. I would have loved to viewed such an item.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
While not a fly but a flying animal...my brother and I were shooting a wrist rocket at a few starlings sitting on the wires about 20 yards from his 2nd floor balcony. (I was about 15 or so at the time) any way after about 100 shots with 1/4 inch ball bearings one hit....poof.... my first magic trick....the disappearing starling. I felt bad for a while then got over it....

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fly Killa` (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL