The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Why do we love magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
In one sentece tell why do you love magic. I love it because it keeps my mind excited, my hands creating and moving and my spirit inspired.

Why do you love magic?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
...because it dispells the Logic of the Mundane world.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
...because it whispers of the miraculous, and hints at possibilities.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Because if even for one second you can make someone beleave what 5 seconds before that, thought was Impossible.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
...because that stunned expression on a spectator's face is one of the most beautiful things in the world!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Ghoulchaser
View Profile
New user
CT
26 Posts

Profile of Ghoulchaser
Because it allows me the skills to bend fantasy into reality purely for the enjoyment & amazement of others.
Mike F.

Owner

Ghoulchaser Magic

www.ghoulchasermagic.com

"Living is not the number of breaths you take, rather the number of times your breath is taken away...."
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
...because I like to demonstrate to myself that I can do it.
( Well, not only for this, of course ; also for this Smile )
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
***ed, I wasn't playing the piano ?
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
...So the spectator can go home, feeling like he knows nothing, and wish he could do what only a select few can.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Ooh, nice answer Gede ! and LeLand, and paisa, and Bill, et al ...
Christian .. hehe.. that's my whole problem: given the free time to practice, I can't keep myself away from my instruments, when I guess I should pick up some coins, cards, and billets once in a while, I've been seriously slacking on the practice.
My primary reason (here we go)is to instill some magic into (what else) Halloween, to elevate it's mystery and allure among the "mundanes".. (that's "goth" talk for .. um.. "muggles", so to speak), to bring to life to the ghost stories, to examine the and exploit the indecision and wonder we feel about the supernatural and an "afterlife", and lastly, though this is a minor point: just to touch on that inner wishful thinking I think we all had as kids, when we thought maybe we could fly like a superhero, if we just jumped hard and high enough to get going. At one time or other, haven't we all wanted to fly, or have heat-vision, super-strength, super-speed, etc..? I don't dwell too heavily on this aspect though, as I tend to think it leads to the "dark side" of magic - by that, I mean, using magic as an emotional crutch to feel superior to others. I have my own preference for dark magic, but that ain't it. That benefits no one.
Oh yeah, one more reason: my little boy gets a kick out of it too, and I love to see his eyes widen, and then he tries to emulate all night long. :^)
(okay Gede, yes, this demon has a soft spot where he's concerned :-p )
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Because magic turns mortals into gods and it has since man discovered fire.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Hubris, Dan, hubris! (Just kidding!)
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
willem
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of willem
It is away of live Smile
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Because it shows us that there are possiblilites. It reminds us of our potential.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Because I couldn't get a date! Just kidding I order one from Russia!
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Because, when presented properly, it can take people - performer and
spectator alike to places they have never been before...

Dave
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It seems a healthy response to finding the chaos and possibilities that lie just next to the mundane once you know how to see it.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Well put.
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
Because I'm a magician !
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I love magic because it gives me the ability to entertain a VERY large portion of the human race.

Before performing magic, I was a musician. Playing rock and roll in a smoke filled bars night after night for a bunch of drunks. In order for me to entertain, I had to rely on being in a band, and an audience that enjoyed my style of music.

Now I can perfom anywhere, anytime, without other "band memebers". The audience does not have to like rock music or even speak my language. They can range from the very young to the very old. My audiences became more abundant and easier to find when I switched from being a "rock and roll performer" to being a "Performer of magic".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Why do we love magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL