The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hidden bill switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

718jbpr
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of 718jbpr
Im looking for a bill switch that I can do w/o my spectators noticing right a way.

Also, I don't want to have any gimmicked bills or a TT.

I want the move to be like a top change.

Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A top change is done off a packet. the best subtle bill change around is lonnie's from his outlaw DVD.

IF you already know a top change, try using that sleight off a packet.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Or off a bunch of bills, or the wallet, using the Jinx switch. See the Paul Harris routine called "Counterfeit Spectator" for another good switch on the off beat.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
If you have a folded bill you can do Tamariz' double crossing the gaze-switch.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
There's the L. Vosburgh Lyons Dollar Bill Switch from Annemann's Practical Mental Effects. It's completely invisible, yet looks very open. The bill is folded for the switch. No gimmicks are used.

Dick Zimmerman had a switch in which the bill wasn't folded. It's meant to be performed for large groups. I saw it in a set of his lecture notes.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-10-02 07:17, Alan Munro wrote:
Dick Zimmerman had a switch in which the bill wasn't folded. It's meant to be performed for large groups. I saw it in a set of his lecture notes.

This was also published in an old Genii magazine according to Mr. Zimmerman. You could use this switch for small audiences or close up with a little thinking. Back then stand-up/stage magic was more popular then close-up. You could not make a living with close-up magic. You still can't, but it sells to the beginner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hidden bill switch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL