The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Back to bizzare... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Hi everyone, I was performing the other day. And I decided to try a new effect for me. the Arm Twisting illusion... I got some of the strongest reactions ever. Including "You need to call a doctor right now" One person actually took out his phone and described what just happened. So now I'm looking for some more magic that I can do like this... Im hoping there are some other great impromptu finds like this (Yes I consider it imptomptu) and I was wondering if you have any suggestions? Im looking into the book 7 deceptions and I'm thinking of getting it. Also banachecks PK touches. Any one care to comment?
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
7 deceptions? PK touches? honestly I wouldnt classify the twisting illusion with 7 deceptions and pk touches.

twisting arm illusion is more of geek magic to me (veterans please do correct me if I am wrong)

if you liked the twist, you should get some of andrew mayne's stuff.

as for BIZARRE magic do read previous posts here. my personal recommendations would be any book by Tony Andruzzi, punx, borodin, eugene, shane, luke jermay, sean fields and the list goes on and on and on.

do a search, you will find a huge list and great pointers to "Bizarre" related books. (i am just saying books because any TRICK can be bizarre, given that it is presented with a neat story...)

anyways all the "veterans" and "mentors" around here will be more of a help!
good luck, and enjoy ur free fall into the abyss
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
I have to agree there with pkg!
And Mayne is the way to go. He has some wonderful books, I believe you might like Shock magic. Look it up and see if it is to your liking.

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Thank you guys. That was very informative, Ill check out some of andrew manyes stuff as well. I really am now intrested in beseption, Even though I don't do stage work, Its still so cool. I will deffinetely see what you suggested.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How did you present the arm twisting illusion?

"...and when he pulled his arm out of the darkness, it was on backwards.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

I was at the mall. I found a group of about 14 and 15 year old guys hanging out playing video games. This one kid was jerking the controller really hard so I took it to my advantage

"You really need to be carefull, About how long you play video games"
*Odd look*
"I really messed up my wrist with one of those controllers, Can you tell me if this is normal?" *Goes down for arm twist "Put your hand just like this, Now try to follow along"

I started doing arm twist and he follows for about a second before swearing and saying "NO WAY!!!"
all his freinds then look and gasp in horror, One of them brings out there phone and starts dialing a number, By now I'm done with arm twist and I collapse into a corner holding my limp wrist, Unable to speak. One of them tells me to call a doctor, Someone says that I better go "like right now"... It was really hectic.

Normally I would stick to my set patter, But I just HAD to. It was a perfect oppurtunity. Actually the only thing I performed that day was arm twist... And this was yesterday. I was looking for some reviews of andew maynes stuff, And most of them say it isn't worth it? Is this true? I was mainly interested in "Shock Effects" and "Bisection"
Also, I was looking at body morphin but I saw that nobody liked it...
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Anybody else??? (dont quote this don't quote this don't quote this don't quote this)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Back to bizzare... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL