The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Off the cuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
I guess this is the correct forum to put it in.
I wanted to share this experience with you all, and a lesson I learned. I found myself at the mercy of my 4 year old, 6 year old, her friend and my 8 year old. They know I do "magic" well - learning anyway - but everything I have done has been about cards and mentalism, nothing for young children. Anyway, after pestering for about 30 mins from them, the only thing I came up with was a 4-person version of here, then there. That's where they remember the card I "gave" them, they then all put their hands on top of each other, gave each of them a turn of the magic words and hey, presto, all the cards swapped from one to another. Crap isn't it! But, 45 minutes later (yes I kid you not) they are still asking for me to keep doing it. Such a simple duplicate and the basic ultility and that kept them more entertained than a bitten coin, or some spoon bending.

I learn't that some of the things we think are maybe just basic, in the eyes of another are amazing. My daughter frind left telling her mum she was able to do magic with making cards 'go invisable' then into my daughter hand.

Anyway, thought I would share this with the group.

Regards

Steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Steve Haffner
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of Steve Haffner
From one Steve to another,

That's a great point about performing for children. It's all in the presentation, not how difficult an effect is to perform. An example of my own is that I did a little show for my nieces and nephews, and I had one effect where I forced a card on my nephew and had it reappear on his Dad's forehead. They talked about that one for months when the more elaborate effects were long forgotten.

Since kids are less likely to see through an effect, things you'd think are "crap" for adults are real magic to kids. And that sure is fun to make happen!

- Steve
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
It really does prove the old saying , "That it is often the journey you take the children on that is more enjoyable to them then the effect itself." This is a perfect example of that. You allowed the kids to have fun and in an interactive way in which was enjoyable for them.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Off the cuff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL