The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Idea for magic show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Hello,
I am from Israel. I'm sorry for my language.
This forum is great!

I would appreciate any suggestions for a good routine that may fit a dove act that is could be performed well to music.

I have this product :
3 candle vanish - fantasio
2 candle appearing - fantasio
triple color changing - fantasio
color changing candle - fantasio
appering lit candle - fantasio
lit match 2 - igal mesika
2 cane vanish black - fantasio
1 cane vanish red - fantasio
Ultimate Cane (fire)- for cane vanish - Peter Loughran's
toumb tip flame - vernet
2 holder gimmick for silk - nowhere
3 holder for ball - nowhere
5 silk 24'
6 silks 18'
4 dove
4 dove holder
3 holder harness
dye tube for silk

If I need more items for your ideas, I will buy them. (Maybe ball manipulation from Vernet?) Do you have some idea for dove productions? (like dove off silk)

I also have - ultimate dancing cane - sketch pad for kids- impossible hank 2 - by Sean Bogunia. but all there for close show

Thank you very much!!!
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Ultimate dancing hank is great to do with music and plays for the stage. just got one this week. It takes a lot of practice but I'm already getting the hang of it. Also a linking ring act fits in well with a dove act and can be done to music. I have the owens 12" rings and they are beautiful and great to handle. Nice ring to them as well.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Hello dmagic,

No offense, but you sure are asking a lot when you ask us to routine YOUR act.

But here are some hints.

You need a strong and quick visual opener. Something elegant like transformation from a white candle to a silk, then produce a dove?

You sure have lots of cane and candles, I would not recommend using all of them as it would seem way to repetitive.

You need a foundation for your routine. What is the theme you want to carry in your act and the style of your character?

Work on creating a short 3 - 5 minute routine, work on it, then add to it and develop it through practice and performing.

I still recommend Mike Lair's Candles video, this would really help you out. http://www.lairmagic.com

Posted: Oct 20, 2005 2:11am
I suggest also going to magicvideodepot.com , sign up if you are not a member and click the "stage" link. You will find some dove acts in there and see everything from Great to Mediocre, and Bad.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Hellow

I'm from Australia , sorry for my language.
forum great !

I would apprecitate any suggestions for a good routine that may fit a dove act that is could be performed well to music

I need a 45 minute stage show, so please spend a couple of thousand dollars on the props and send them to me for free Also if you can work out some funny presentations- this would help also.

Please pick some music to go with the illusions you design as I can't be bothered putting in the effort to do it myself.

and make it easy becaue I'm not very skilled but also I couldn't be bothered putting the time into training- all I want to do is start making money right now with no effort.

Thank you very mutch!!!

Posted: Oct 20, 2005 2:15am
I'm not sure if Sean would like the music to your web site
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Eddiekap

you r the best !!!

thank you very much!!!
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I will tell you right now that you already have more then enough for a 5-7 minute manipulation routine.

Think of your routine as a Silk, Candle, and Dove act. Not an act of hodge podge effects put together.

Finally, the flow is important. Exaggerated flow = Appearing cane, changes red, changes blue, changes into candle, candle disppears to silk, silk changes colors, silk splits into two silks, produce bird cage from this, split into 2 cages...

That is exaggerated. You could do that whole thing in about 20 seconds...

The effects however should flow together like the routine described above. Start by taking the flower off of your lapel. Change it into a silk and produce a candle. Multiply the candle into 2. Place one of the candles down and make the other one red. Vanish the red candle into a red silk from which you...

Derek Merdinyan
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Quote:
On 2005-10-20 02:12, icentertainment wrote:
Hellow

I'm from Australia , sorry for my language.
forum great !

Hah! I've heard that English is awful hard for those Australians to master! Smile
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Icentertainment,
Frankly, your post offended me. The Café is suppose to be "magicians HELPING magicians". How did you help anyone with what you said? The guy asked for some help, we've all done it (if you haven't you probably should, you could use some help with you attitude.), you could have said anything like, "I don't think people should ask for too much help routineing, or you lose your originality." But making fun of the thread starter's english (which was not all that bad by the way), and trying to make it into a joke, is in my opinion, the wrong way to do things.

Dmagic,
It sounds like you have plenty of effects. I second what DerekMerdinyan said, as well as EddyRay. Watch the pros, but do not copy them. See how you can link effects (as said by DerekMerdinyan), and then find your own style for doing it. Always add your own personal touch to whatever you do. Copying exactly what others do will not be satisfying to you or the audience. I got the idea for my candle routine from Lance Burton. I have changed it to be what I need for my show, and for my own style.

I would suggest as EddyRay said, make your routine a silk, candle and dove act. You could start with the Vanishing cane, as well as end with the Appearing cane. This makes a good opener (the can turning into silks is great) and a good closer (the cane comes back), while at the same time making the routine full circle (cane disappears at the beginning and comes back at the end). What you do in the middle is up to you. =)

I hope this post was a little bit of help to you. Don't forget to have fun!

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is a good way to get started. Set up all your porps, on a table. Do each effect, one after the other. Video tape the sessions. Now do this for at least 3 more times before you pack up all the props.

Now go over in your mind and think about the tricks and view the videos. Day 2, Set up all your props and perform each effect again, one after teh other, 3 more times.

Now think about your magic and the way in which they fit. Do you need a smaller or lager table, or a box table or a dove stand? What placement in the act and on your person or table.

Now perform your act the next day 3 more times. Now do this everyday, shorting and adjusting. In a month you should have a very nice act.

Learn your props and how they work. Manipulation magic is much different than a box trick. Or you could think of it as your are the box and you are flexible.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill brings us back to a basic point. When ready for presentation, you should have a routine that is not apparently just a string of separate tricks.

You're off to a great start.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JayH
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
140 Posts

Profile of JayH
I hava made my 9 minutes act to 3 different parts.

Part 1 is my own candle routine where I use Star Candles, Fickle Fire etc.

Part 2 is my zombie routine.

Part 3 is then all card manipulation and in the end couple almost original cane production.

I do all these routines on to 3 different music tracks and between every track I take little bow and then when next track begins I started next part. First 2 tracks are from same artist and the last one is very fast tempo track from different artist and it have very strong end to finalize my act.

Hope this helps and if you want more info, please PM me.

Jay
JayH
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
140 Posts

Profile of JayH
Oh... The original post was posted 2005? I think the act might be in very good condition now Smile
Danny Boy
View Profile
New user
USA
57 Posts

Profile of Danny Boy
Good catch Jay!

I just want to give props to Bill. Even though some of us have been doing most of our routines for years we still might not be using our equipment to the fullest of our abilities. I'm going to put all my props on a table and start restructuring my routine. Thanks Bill!

DC
DannyCrook.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Idea for magic show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL