We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Andruzzi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
A friend of mine recently purchased several items by Tony Andruzzi. One of the more interesting items in this lot was a letter from Tony to another magician. The letter was in the format of a scroll which included hand drawn pictures. It is quite beautiful. Has anyone seen anything like this before from Tony? I would like to buy it but I don't know what it's value would be. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Mindo
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Personaly, if anything has a Tony Andruzzi signature/touch to it I simply grab it!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Dan,

The letter in the form of a scroll is a unique item. There aren't any others. It was done by hand by one of the founders of bizarre magick. You should buy it if you can. If you are wondering what a fair price would be, look around for what the price of letters from other persons of comparable fame would be. I would say that because it is in the form of a scroll, and because it is illustrated, it would be worth more.

Yours,

Paul
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
He did sell me Daemon's Diary which is dedicated and signed by Andruzzi. I don't really want to spend what it would take to purchase the other books. I thought the letter scroll would be cool to frame. It is really tough finding items from Tony that are reasonable.
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Thanks Paul, I just needed a little nudge! I have emailed my friend and I will update you if I succeed.

Best,
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Try a search here on that, there was something about the scroll a few months ago - it's definitely valuable !!! The 3rd in a trilogy, I think (?)
Geez, I'd just be happy to have Compleat Invocation !!

Anyone want to trade their copy for an Axtell Magic Drawing board ? Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Mystician,

You are thinking of the published Legendary Scroll of Masklyn ye Mage, which, although rare, was not unique. That was one of three items; the other two were the Grimoire of the Mages and the Negromicon of Masklyn ye Mage.

Yours,

Paul
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Paul, any idea what the value is of Daemon's Diary signed by Tony? I am just curious if I overpaid or got a deal.

Thanks
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Ah, not the same thing ?
Thanks, that's what I was thinking of though.
Sure like to have those as well ;-)
I'd also like to hit the lottery while I'm at it ...
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Dan,

I can't find a copy of Daemon's Diary listed with a price after a little poking around, so I'm not sure what it's worth, even unsigned. I have one (not signed), and they are hardly rare, but the signature should add something to the value. Ultimately, the market decides what these items are worth. If you are happy, it was a good deal.

Yours,

Paul
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Thanks Paul, I am happy. I have had so little success over the years in finding Andruzzi items that each find will be like discovering buried treasure.
Nightmare Weaver
View Profile
New user
The Shadows
62 Posts

Profile of Nightmare Weaver
To some of his very closest friends Tony would send recorded letters. I was lucky enough to have gotten my hands on a copy of one of these recordings. It is very unique. It's like time had stopped and actually rewound. He was a very special kinda being. >:0)
In the shadows, just on the edge of your nightmares. That's where you'll find me.
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Makes you wonder what he would have created if he had the internet available to him.
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Well I finally took possession of the Andruzzi items. The letter in the form of a scroll is really cool. There are several drawings and the script is beautiful. The amount of work that Tony put into this is unbelievable. In addition to this item I picked up a scroll which is the schedule for one of the Invocationals, also the original Invocation issues in the three ring binders and the small format bound volume of the first 16 issues which is signed by Tony. The letter scroll is really beautiful though and I will post a picture on my web site in the near future.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Looking forward to the pics!

As far as the value of the Daemon's Diary, Bizarre Tomes are all quite rare and the work of Tony is among the rarest there is. Even though Daemon's Diary is not the most rare it is still a little tough to come by. If you were willing to pay what you did, I would say it was well invested.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Congratulations......please post a link when the picture is up
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
The picture of the scroll is finally up. You can view it at bizarremagic.net

Click on the Museum link (I know it says "Do not disturb" but you can view the scroll while this part of the site is under construction). Any feedback on the site would be welcome also. It is still a work in progress, so constructive criticism will only help to enhance the content.

Thanks
Dan Mindo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Andruzzi (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL