The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New to hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
John S.
View Profile
New user
Bensalem
26 Posts

Profile of John S.
Hello All,
I've taken a new fancy to this hypnosis form of magic are there any books dvds or tricks you would recommend for a begginner as myself
Cheers, John
:cheers:
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Hi John,
Many years ago, I enjoyed Ormand McGill's stuff.
I'm not sure what modern folks are doing.
You might like to look into some of the NLP books.
A good source here at the Café is Lee Darrow.
He is very knowledgeable and full of Hypnowisdom.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Sven Heubes
View Profile
New user
Duesseldorf, Germany
59 Posts

Profile of Sven Heubes
A very good german book is from Kurt Tepperwein. I think, there must be an english translation. Could be named something like: High School Of Hypnosis
Have alook at your favourite bookshop.

This book is more for psychlogical or medical matters, but gives you a deep view inside on how and why it works. There are mentioned 40something ways of getting a person in hypnosis and also the dangers are discussed deeply.
If you were half as good as you think you are, you would be double as good as you think you are...

Dai Vernon
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
I totally agree with Sven. Tepperwein is a true classic in Hypnosis. There are two good books.

The book Sven mentioned is indeed "The high school of hypnosis". Recently I saw a copy at http://www.mvg-verlag.de at about €5,- (check out)
As Sven mentioned this books aims to help you in hypnosis for medical matters. But there are also some good tips you could apply to mentalism as I did.

The second book from Tepperwein I can recommend is "Master secrets of hypnosis and self-hypnosis".

Hope I could help.
Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
MIC
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MIC
Ok... lets suppose books are not the best way to go !!!!!

what is the proper way to learn hypnosis.. proper.. risk-free... aknowledged way to learn!

some institute? private lessons?

is there the best and most serious hypnosis institute. ? or the best hypnosis teacher? I hear all the time people talking about 'proper' training... hit me Smile

really I would be very interested to know.. lets say in the UK.. or in the rest of europe.. wouldnt have time to attend yet.. but for future reference.

personally I stay away from hypnosis because I don't have the 'proper' training.. and perform only suggestion effects...

thanks Smile
mic
John S.
View Profile
New user
Bensalem
26 Posts

Profile of John S.
I have another question. I purchased the book Hypnosis For Beginners and I have to say ists alright. But I have a question for you guys is there a way you can tell someone is in a trance or do you just kepp going with excercise till you think they are?
:confused:
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
You can find a second hand copy of Bob Baker "They call it hypnosis" on half.com for under 5 dollars. Highest recommendation.

BM
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2005-10-06 20:47, John S. wrote:
I have another question. I purchased the book Hypnosis For Beginners and I have to say ists alright. But I have a question for you guys is there a way you can tell someone is in a trance or do you just kepp going with excercise till you think they are?
:confused:

Hi John Im from the UK myself & as far as hypnosis is concerned very much on the bottom rung of the ladder so to speak ...although I have been practising only for a number of months I have had 7 successful sessions I am not as fully competent in giving you advice as the more experienced guys on this fine forum, but heres my 2 bobs worth ....signs of trance.... rhythmic breathing is normally a good indicator, eye lids may flutter (R E M alpha state)sometimes blushing, you can test the patient as well the old weights strapped to the leg routine, If they raise the leg take em deeper!! By the way that's a descent book you've got there I take it its by William hewitt?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok I have a suggestion that NOBODY makes and it frustrates me to no end.

While I believe we should learn how to hypnotise people yes....and we should learn what to do in case of emergency...and take care of spectators.......great.

BUT shouldn't we stress training in how to be on a stage? how to be funny? how to be an entertainer?

I have seen waayyy too many magicians turned hypnotists,and therapists turned performers who are as boring as watching paint dry!!!!

Lets start to suggest that people learn to ENTERTAIN an audience. Take some comedy classes some improv classes, something to stimulate creativity so I don't have to watch crappy shows.

Last show I saw, who shall be nameless, it stirred a feeling. That feeling was "who do I have to sue to get the last 2 hours of my life back?" It bit!

So learn all the hypnosis you want too......but learn to entertain before ever taking the stage!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Prof. Alexander
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Prof. Alexander
Hi

Has anybody bought Wendi Friesen Learn Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy videos? I have tried some of her free stuff and find it very effective. I am thinking of buying these videos but would like to hear from somebody who has tried them – so anybody out there?

All the best
Alex
I met this chap at the Olympics. I said to him, "Excuse me but are you a pole vaulter?" he replied "No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter?"
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I've got some Tom Silver DvD material that are OUTSTANDING! No more talking them to sleep, especially with his 4 Hand Clap Induction.

PM me with any questions Smile
Prof. Alexander
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Prof. Alexander
Hi mattisdx (like your Photoshoped head)

Are you talkin’ to me?

I had a look at Toms website – interested.

What makes him so special?

All good things
Alex
I met this chap at the Olympics. I said to him, "Excuse me but are you a pole vaulter?" he replied "No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter?"
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
His take on hypnosis is completely different from any others I've seen. Quick, efficient, and right to the point. His 2 DvDs on shock hypnosis:

1. The Secrets of Shock and Instant Hypnosis

and

2. The Four Hand Clap Shock Induction

are the best material that I have EVER learned! Forget talking someone down for 20 minutes, now you can get someone in a very, Very Deep Trance within 30 seconds using any of the inductions included on the above DvDs.

PM me with any questions
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Does anyone have a source for the Tepperwein book in English? Couldn't find it at Amazon or Powell's.

Scott
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Dannydoyle,
I totally agree.
Wife and I went to a hyp show. Selection and induction took so long and was so boring that Sweetiepie didn't even want to watch the show.
Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Has anyone taken the plunge for the complete 5-DVD set by Tom Silver? I'd be extremely interested in hearing a review of the set, pro & con.

Chance
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hey Parson thanks......

I find all the talk about talking to them for 20 minutes to get them to sleep so crazy anyhow. My induction is 6 minutes soup to nuts.

My opening lecture is entertaining and quite funny. Long inductions are quite old school and really don't play in comedy clubs at ALL. Heck you don't have 20 minutes to spare.

My induction is more a theatrical conceit than anything. It is not completly necessary anyhow. I do it because it is an edge of the seat moment for the audience. They are expecting one and want one so they get one. It sells the show. Most people wouldn't believe the show if it was done without one so why leave it out? If you use a 30 second induction, which by the way is NOT sure fire, you lose credability with the show.

Like I said, learn theater. Make the induction entertaining, make the opening lecture funny and build to something. Then nobody would care how long it lasts in the first place. The point is not how long an induction is or an opening lecture is, it is how entertained the audience is during the process.

I respectfully submit that by editing the induction process to 30 seconds, you will lose some impact of what it is we do. People want to be amazed so let them be amazed! Just one dudes opinion.

Best of luck
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Danny,
Do you really think that longer induction times makes the audience "believe" more?
Peace,
Parson

I ask because Kreskin used to use no induction at all and it seemed to wrk pretty well for him.
+++a posse ad esse+++
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your right parson........exactly right.......but name another......

it is easier to take people where they expect to go now isn't it? It is the same thing as why we never bother to tell people hypnosis is the polar opposite of sleep. It is easier since they are expecting sleep to use the word right?

So in short I am saying yes. I have used "speed" inductions on and off for a long time. They don't sell as well.

Also my point is it is "THEATER" so put on a show!

My main point is the induction can and should be theatrically interesting, not to debate either way of if anyone believes more. Heck if someone dosn't believe NOTHING you do is really going to help much. I say "much" sometimes you can sway people but I think you get my meaning.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
There are many possibilities for inductions...

my induction take about two seconds, and I get them in a very deep trance state, so often are no deepening techniques necessary..

I use shock techniques by hansen the hypnotist from denmark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New to hypnosis (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL