The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A small true story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
This happened yesterday.

I was walking in the city center yesterday, enjoying the crisp fall weather and taking pictures. I really had nowhere to go, just walked around and photographed. Right next to a mall, on top of a concrete divider pole sat a pair of pretty worn skating shows, kinda small size. They just sat there, no one close to them. The sight was kinda interesting and I took a photograph. Very quickly, I started thinking why they were there, what had happened, who owns them. It was like a little mystery story, unraveling in my mind.

About 20 minutes later I saw a little boy, maybe 10 or 11, sitting on a bench with a skateboard. He was crying. On top of his skateboard, neatly folded were his socks, he was barefooted (and it was cold here yesterday). I stopped and asked is he ok and he told me that some bigger kids from his school had stolen his shoes. I quickly unpacked my digital camera and showed him the pic I took and asked whether they were his shoes-and they were.

I couldn't let him walk barefooted on the cold asphalt so I carried him back to where I saw the shoes, which were still there. I have rarely seen anyone that happy.

Later, the boy's mother called and thanked me. I was kinda amazed how she could call me as I hadn't given the boy my card or even told my name. The boy had seen me performing at this school last year and told his mother "it was the magician" and the mother went thru a lot of trouble to find out who I was so she could call me.

It was such a small thing really, but it made me feel really good. Funny what can happen. Kinda magical.
Sent from my Typewriter
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That was indeed a wonderful and magical happening. That young boy will remember being rescued almost by magic for the rest of his life!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
MV:

Not "kinda" Magical...but Magic, plain and simple. Thanks for sharing!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Mvmagic thanks for making that kid's day!
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Quote:
On 2005-10-04 03:32, mvmagic wrote: Kinda magical.
Too magical to be in the "Not vey magical, stil..." category. Mazeltov!
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A small true story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL