The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Masonic Magicians? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
250 Posts

Profile of afun14u
I was just a wondering if there were any magicians out there that were also "Freemasons"?

Robert Jones
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
That's a secret. ;-)

Ellen
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
There is a group that meets at the big conventions called the "Invisible Lodge". I am not a Mason but my mentor is. I have been wanting to join since moving to Florida but I don't know any Mason's to sponsor me here.
Cheers,
JTW
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Did you know....? Howard Thurston was a Shriner.

Best,

Tim
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Last year, the Invisible Lodge had its first convention all by itself in Ft. Smith, AR. You didn't have to be a Mason or even a member of the Invisible Lodge to attend. The convention was open to anyone and was very well attended. I attended, and it was a very good convention. I don't know if there are any plans for another convention, but it would be a shame if that were the only one.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Magicians and Masons...

Two groups of folks who covet secrets....

I like em!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
My Grandpa was a Shriner and I still have his Fez. I thought about joining when I visited the Masonic Lodge in Philly (the Gianormous one).
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
621 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
My original magic teacher was a Mason and was very proud of it...
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
You know there are quite a few people out there who do still think that Masons are somehow evil/unChristian, etc. Perhaps the Masons should do a PR campaign?
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
MCM...

A 'PR Campaign' flys in the face of everything the Masons believe in...They are one of the only 'ultimate' secret societies...Much of the work they do (charitable) is done in secret...They often do not ask for any recognition or thanks for what they do...

This is one of the basic charters of their work.

As far as what others think of them, honestly, they could care less...It matters very little what the uninformed masses think.

There is a lesson in that, I think.

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
The masons also donate 1.5 million dollars a day.
The masons have more money than the red cross.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I had been learning some magic from the Great Mr. Ash here in Chicago when I was firsat starting out and it wasn't until the 5th visit or so that I noticed he was wearing a Masonic ring. For some reason, I thought that just added to the mystical vibe!

I don't want to be a Mason, but I would like to have one of those rings!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17488 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I hope the Masons don't get upset about my Fez. It's just part of my Fakir persona....
I believe that the only treasures that we have in heaven are the secret ones/gifts that we don't get repaid for here on earth. Is that what Masons believe?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-10-04 22:06, Margarette wrote:
Last year, the Invisible Lodge had its first convention all by itself in Ft. Smith, AR. You didn't have to be a Mason or even a member of the Invisible Lodge to attend. The convention was open to anyone and was very well attended. I attended, and it was a very good convention. I don't know if there are any plans for another convention, but it would be a shame if that were the only one.

Margarette

Margarette is correct and it was a very good convention. Let's hope it happens again.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Quote:
On 2005-10-04 15:07, afun14u wrote:
I was just a wondering if there were any magicians out there that were also "Freemasons"?

Robert Jones

Are you a mason?
modern_sorcery
View Profile
New user
Colorado
27 Posts

Profile of modern_sorcery
I am a proud mason. I first became interested in the masons after learning how many of our magician fore-fathers were masons. Houdini, Kellar, etc. Not to mention Washington, Ben Franklin, Jefferson. Pretty good crowd in my opinion.

I am only an EA but am interested in joining the IL when I am a Master. I can't wait to be a Shriner. Sadly I don't know of any local (colorado) masonic magicians.

The shriners run 22 childrens hospitals, and they don't ask for reimbursement of the medical cost. Good group of guys.
modern_sorcery
View Profile
New user
Colorado
27 Posts

Profile of modern_sorcery
Oops, not jefferson
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I think Jefferson was a mason. I guess no documentation has ever been discovered. But it is widely believed that he was a Mason. A few of the founding fathers (John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Millard Fillmore, James Madison) condemned Masonry. But most scholars believe Jefferson was a mason.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Nice list right at the bottom of this page:

http://www.grandlodgeofvirginia.org/whomason.htm
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Stinkfist
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Stinkfist
I think most mason's are referred to as "garden mason's"
meaning they don't really have secrets or know what's going on.
or they don't practice any form/ritual for attaining a state of recognized divinity.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Masonic Magicians? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL