The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jon Allen's "Silent Treatment" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
If you follow the instructions properly for the trick you can talk straight away
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
nelsonenrique
View Profile
New user
Puerto Rico
5 Posts

Profile of nelsonenrique
Well I'm waiting for mine today, I hope is as good as everybody says. I can't wait...My only question was if it always end up in a card in mouth routine, but I ordered it anyway so I guess I'll find out..
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I bought ST and agree with the others that it is very clever and well made by Jon, however...I do have one small gripe. I bought it based on the on-line demo, which is ultra, ultra clean - I'm speaking of the whole card revelation part.

I don't want to give anything away, but the reality of the situation is that the on-line demo version (of the revelation of the card) cannot happen very often. The FFFF performance was the ideal scenario, and I assumed this was the typical performance, rather than the atypical (I'm being vague so I don't too much away). It can come very close, but not exactly - unless you have the ideal scenario.

I don't want to say the demo is misleading, but I was disappointed. I had a specific situation I wanted to use ST in, but couldn't.

Still, Jon has produced a real winner. I suppose my issue above isn't an issue with most performers as I don't think anyone has mentioned it before.

Ron
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1718 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Ron,

What was the specific situation? PLease PM me if you feel you would prefer.

As for the demo video, whatever happened at FFFF, that was going to be the video. However, if you look at it from an audience member's p.o.v., it would be the same thing. That's why I'm interested to know your own, personal scenario.

Jon

p.s. I am away from Sunday morning until Tuesday so apologies if I do not reply straight away
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
I've got no problem with the demo. No matter which card is chosen, the audience will see exactly what is on the demo.

You've got a winner here, Jon. Thanks!!!
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Did this last Saturday at birthday party for about 50 people. I used it as a opener and it was great! I did have some people in the back of the room have trouble seeing the cards, but I should have held it up higher to make it more visible. I didn't have the ideal scenario, seldom do, but doesn't really matter, the effect is the same. Thanks Jon!

Sean
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
307 Posts

Profile of archini
Jon's given me a few sneak previews of the stage version and it is going to be very nice..... I may even have to get one myself.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
When is the stage version projected to come out? Thanks, Jeff
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Will the stage version be a jumbo card from your mouth?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I really like this effect, I just need to practice "getting the right card" more before I use it.
I am really interested in a stage version.
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
DrVG
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Would this trick work in a surrounded parlor situation ?
if there was to be an index of some sort with the few shown card at the back of the book/ipad (to be switched against the mouthed one)...
or all the dirty work is well hidden ?
thanks for the help on this potential purchase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jon Allen's "Silent Treatment" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL