The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Toronto , Ontario - Friday Night Magic @ Revival (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Any forum members want tickets on the house for opening night? Email me at magicofdavecurran@rogers.com. Bring as many guests as you like!

For Immediate Release

September 30,2005

MAGICAL REVIVAL COMES TO TORONTO!

Canada’s most celebrated Magicians and Conjuring Artists are coming to play in one of Toronto’s hottest club district starting Friday, October 14th. The popularity of exciting new television personalities such as David Blaine and Criss Angel has created a whole new interest in LIVE magic performances for adults as well as their families. In response, the night club district of College Street will play host to FRIDAY NIGHT MAGIC - a weekly live event at the REVIVAL Bar on College.

Guests will be able to enjoy a specially themed dinner from 6 PM and be entertained by walk around "close–up" performers. "These ‘in-your-face’ magicians are masters of up close miracles and they will be blowing minds, live, right at the tables", says Dave Curran, the show’s producer. "This is the kind of magic that people have seen on TV with David Blaine and Criss Angel and now Toronto audiences can experience it for themselves!"

The main stage shows will begin at 8PM and will feature a variety of hot acts from across North America. Headlining the show will be the "Extremely Mental" James Biss. Biss has been messing with minds for over two decades and has been the star of Toronto’s Magical Arts Festivals. Described by CITY-TV as "Kreskin on Drugs" this cutting edge performer reads minds and creates opportunities for audience members to do astonishing psychic demonstrations. Biss will be joined by a rotation of great performers, many whom the public rarely gets a chance to see.

Toronto has an impressive tradition of magical dinner theatre but there’s never been something quite like this. FRIDAY NIGHT MAGIC will be begin Friday, October 14th and run every week on a special stage at the REVIVAL Bar at 783 College Street.. Tickets for the main show are $20 at the door. A special dinner menu is available for guests coming earlier for dinner. Complimentary dancing follows the stage show with internationally acclaimed DJ’s, on two levels of REVIVAL
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
October 14th: HOST/MC - Dave Curran, James Biss - Extremely Mental!, David Merry, Bill Abbott, David Caspian.

October 21st: HOST/MC - Dave Curran, James Biss - Extremely Mental!, MaJinx, Bill Abbot, Evans & Evans
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
195 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
This sounds like a great night! Where on College St. is the Revival at? I would love to go (I live in the Ronci Village).

Thanks,
Allan
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
East of Ossington at Shaw st.

Hope to se you there!
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
October 21st: HOST/MC - Dave Curran, James Biss - Extremely Mental!, MaJinx, Bill Abbot, Evans & Evans r

October 28th: HOST/MC - Dave Curran, James Biss, Matthew Disero, Bill Abbott
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Whats going on with this show?

Im hearing that many performers were not payed and are not coming back (bill abbott, david peck, dave merry...etc.) and the show is going downhill fast.

I was at the first, but after hearing problems I didn't see the second.

I will be going to the third though.
416-937-5120 is my cell number, if people want to meet up after and chill, session, or hit the nightclub after.

If the problems I'm hearing persist (and there are more then I mentioned) don't expect it to last more then a couple fo more shows...
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
I think people should really check their sources a little more carefully, before they post something of this nature on a public forum. People really like to gossip around their local magic shop.

First of all, their are no major problems. The only problems that exist are the ones that come along with growing pains that are built in with any new production. All of our performers are getting paid, and getting paid more than the average magic veenue or even stand-up club.

Our first show was a papered show. Meaning most people didn't pay to get in. Therefore there wasn't any revenue from the first show. This was done to get the ball rolling. All of the performers knew about this fact, and were (and continue to be) supportive. That being said, we are are heading into the Xmas season. One of our performers won't be able to perform because of bookings and such and will be taking his higher paying corporate booking over ours - which is totally understandable.

So what exactly are these problems "that are more then I mentioned"? I would be happy to discuss them with you. Call me if you like, or we can discuss them after a show, if you decide to visit us again.

But thank you for starting ill rumours about the show and failing to mention anything positive about your experience with our show. That's really "Magicians Helping Magicians." I'm sure all the talent that is booked for upcoming shows really apreciate it.

Dave Curran
Producer, Friday Night Magic
416-788-8435
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of glatner
Nice. Is the club going to be open to minors?
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Yes the show is open to minors. However, they will not be allowed to stay after the show for the dancing portion of the night. However, that doesn't commence until well after the show ends, giving you plenty of time to shmooze with all our magic friends. See you there!
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
Hi Folks...

Pleased to report that our weekly show in Toronto is still going strong. We're booked solid - with some solid acts - through our final holiday show prior to the Christmas break. Please see http://www.magical.com for the schedule.

Meanwhile, the owners of the wonderful cabaret bar we use, REVIVAL, has just confirmed that not only are we renewed through the new year but that they are renovating the first week of January to accomodate us better. (More seating and better magical atmosphere)!

Looks like we're in for the long haul and hope you'll come out and see North America's other weekly magical night, following New York and Washington. Hell you could become a groupie and do Monday night in New York, Wednesday in Washington, Friday in Toronto, Monday in New York... ;>)

Cheers,

James

P.S. Nordatrax you owe Dave a drink and a card trick ;>)
James Biss
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Hey Guys,

We are on hiatus over the Xmas break. Our last show of the year is the 16th. We then break on Xmas Eve, and New Years Eve. Thanks for everyone's amazing support, and see you all in the New Year. The New Year promises great acts, and the venue renovated specifically for our needs.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
Hey were still alive and doing well! So come check us out, if ever in the area. Our venue has been beautifully renovated, and things are looking good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Toronto , Ontario - Friday Night Magic @ Revival (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL