The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Nail through web of hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Hi there, I recently seen a performer nail his hand onto a table, through the web of his hand. That's the piece of flesh between his thumb & pointing finger.
Now, I know that the web is just flesh - so if he did it with a needle or something I'd buy it more.. but it was a solid nail.
Another thing is that he performs this regularly, perhaps around 3 times per week - so if it was done for "real" I don't think the flesh would have time to heal.
I'm really interested in this feat, as eventually I'd like to couple it with my 'needle through hand' routine and I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on it?
Cheers!
-James
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Oh, and another thing - there was no blood...
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2702 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I have seen performers hammer a nail thru their real tongue every night, with no blood. geee, wonder how? same method maybe?

s
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Well that is done with having a pierced tongue gauged down to about A 4. It used to be cooler when having a tongue ring was less common.

Anton
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
D'oh!!
I've got my tongue up to 10mm - why didn't I think of this?

Geez, I'm such an idiot. Just checked on some sites, and while it's not a common thing to get "done" - it can be done.

Cheers
-James
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
I have seen nails and staples and a drill being used for this act it is real and you don't bleed I have seen a 5inch nail go threw and you can just see a big hole.
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Do you mean just doing it straight - or do you mean with a pre-pierced hand?
Thanks Tait.
-James
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Hey James, here's the scoop: The interdigital web piercing is tricky. It's placement puts the pierce in a precarious situation. Normal daily routine activities will interfere with the healing process. Just imagine sliding your hand into your pocket to get some change. Grabbing onto things, etc. In addition, your hands are the primary cause for cross contamination. When I perform this piercing on my clients, I explain all this to them. Hand washing must be RELIGIOUSLY done, after you touch ANYTHING, the pierce should be cleansed with a mild non-deodorant non-perfume pure soap. If you can immobilize your hand for the duration of the healing time, that would be great, but wouldn't be practical. Your average heal time should be about 1-1/2 to 2 months if proper care is given and applied. Now, I usually use a 14 or 12 gauge (1.5 or 2.0mm) for the initial piercing. You'll probably want to stretch the piercing to allow the nail, drill bit, what-have-you, the clearance without damaging the healed tissue. I would recommend AGAINST taking it to 00 gauge (10mm), 2 gauge (6mm) should be just fine. I advise my customers that one step stretch every other week is fine. Make sure your piercing is tapered professionally to avoid tearing tissue. By my calcuations, if you receive the piercing this week you could be show ready in 4 to 5 months.

If anyone thinks this is too fast, or that I don't know what I'm talking about, keep in mind this: After my accident, I pierced the damaged nipple 1 month afterwards and began doing shows within 4 months and have performed lifts HEAVIER than before by 6 months.

James, just make sure that whatever you get done, be safe and make sure it's done by an experienced professional (ask for credentials beyond at least 2 or 3 years of piercing experience).

Good luck!
Keep me updated!
TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Thanks Nips, you are one of the heroes on this board.
I'm still weighing up the pros & cons of this, I know what it's like to have something healing in quite an uncomfortable place (I had my septum up to 20mm stretched, not dermal punched) that was 6 months after I had it pierced. I don't know if I'm gonna go for this one.
I'll speak with my piercer (John at Nirvana studios in Glasgow) he's the only guy I trust to do stuff like this.
You think this could be dermal punched, instead of pierced then stretched? That way, once it's healed, it won't need a piece of jeweley in it in order to stay "open?"
I'll have a word with John, but do you think punching it would be a good idea?
Cheers,
-James
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
A friend of mine has the web of his hand pierced, not a good thing to do...just leave it at that.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Hey James,
Punching is a way of attaining a larger sized hole, but it comes with a myriad of troubles. A dermal punch is designed to take a small sliver of skin to perform a biopsy on. They are NOT designed to push all the way through skin. When a punch is used it takes a core amount of your body, removing vital capillaries, nerve endings, faschia etc. The body then has to use a tremendous amount of energy to recover from, this taxes your immune system.

As it has been discussed here before, a piercing needle carves a simple "U" shape, then the anti coring heel (the long single bevel) lifts the carved "U" out of the way for the jewelry to follow through. Contrary to popular belief a piercing needle does NOT take a chunk of your skin out. A small bit of fatty cells and serum may appear inside the needle though. In my opinion, a piercing needle causes less soft tissue trauma and should accomodate a speedy healing than the punch method. My company carries needles up to 4 gauge (6mm), for your situation see if your piercer has any 8 gauge (3.5mm) needles to work with.

Once again, good luck!
TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Thanks man, I'm still weighing it up - but I think I'll end up going for it as per usual.
I'll have a talk with John, see if he's up for stabbing me again, and keep you posted.
Again, thankyou.
-James
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi james I me just straight but if you what to do the drill I think go for the pierced hand stretched up I have seen the nails and staples but just no of the drill.
edit(sorry for the late post this pc is slow)
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Picture Higley after reading Mr. Nips stuff...running through the house waveing his arms real fast and screaming like a 5 year old girl....

well...I didn't do that...but I pictured it first and then didn't do that....

Being sqweamish around needles of any kind, I marvel that I got a snall tattoo in 1960 in Honolulu...I guess it was the 7 & 7...

sorry...now back to...um...yeah...that....man...you guys are tough.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Well thank you Doug. Never had anyone put "MR." in front of "Nips"! So ya got a little bit of ink, eh? What is the tattoo of? Where is it? How much did ya pay for it (probably a LOT less than you would now!)? If I ever get the chance to have a gig near you let me know if you'd like a new piercing as well!

TGN
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Rose. (ala Burt Lancaster hahaha)
Left Bicep.
$3. hahaha. It was by Sailor somebody or other. Famous guy at the time.
And it wasn't the 7 & 7...not a drinker. Always was going to get it re-inked but never did...too late now.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Doug, it's never too late!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Wanna bet?
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Doug Higley,

Was it done by Sailor Jerry? That would be pretty sweet if it was. Id love to know were "geographicaly" you got it. As always,

Anton
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi Anton...it was Honolulu...1960...and Sailor 'Somebody' is best I can do...could it have been Sailor Jerry? Could have I guess. It was an older gentleman is all I can remember...and the 'Sailor' handle.

Oh...you meant 'Geographically'...hahaha...I had to re-read that....doink...

Upper arm...bicept.

D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Nail through web of hand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL