The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Funniest TV commercials (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1302 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Whats the funniest TV commercial you've seen? Here's my fave:

A Finnish Telecom company
There's two guys standing side by side. One guy is really huge (muscular and 7 feet something) and the other one is tiny, about three feet. Little guy is silent, big guy keeps sucking in air (and getting redder). And a very serious voice-over: "This is Bill. This is also Bill. See? Big bills suck, little ones don't."
Sent from my Typewriter
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1273 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Big bills don't suck, I love big bills! I like the Amazing Chocolate bar commercials. they will blow your mind, and I also like the Potty Polly. You squeese her, and she pees. My brothers and I get a kick out of that! C'mon on Polly, its time to go. OH NO, SHES GONNA BLOW!!!! !!! hahahahahah stupid toy.
Small-hands Luke
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Small-hands Luke
I like the Tiny House commercial for Geico. A lot of times people will make spoof commercials letting you in on the spoof from the get-go, or being too over the top. Tiny House was just perfect in cashing in on the reality TV craze.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The Geico cavemen make me laugh every time. Especialy the one where they are sitting in a restaurant and act insulted. lI LOVE that one..I think it's a stroke of genius.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2478 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
As crude as this is, it put me on the floor laughing. The comercial is for a feminine product, I believe by Masengil (sp?)

It opens with a young girl surrounded by large textbooks studying hard. Her mother enters the room and says, "Put away the books genius, I need help with my feminine hygene problems."

The rest of the commercial is the girl explaining the product to mom. What a horrible opening line, and yet the commercail worked becasue I remember the name of a product I will never use due to gender, and I am passing it on.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
The ones on credit card fraud, from CitiBank. The best one is the frumpy guy with the 'Valley Girl' voice talking about buying the "Leather Bustier". "It lifts and separates!"

JM
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I LOVE the Roomba Commercial. It's FANTASTIC.

On a side note: I don't know who does the McDonalds commercials, but they should be shot in the face.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
My newest favorite is this ad.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Oh yeah! I forgot about that one. What a masterpiece! Man don't you wish you had the money these guys have to advertise your magic show?
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1273 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Man, that was great! That musst have been hard to make. And they didn't break any copyright laws either!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Money talks, my man. Money talks.
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
That was great, Sr. Cram. One of the original Jolly Green Giant animators opened an incredible frozen custard shop in my town about 20 years ago. Now its gone franchise.... http://www.ritters.com
saxmangeoff
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, ID, USA
355 Posts

Profile of saxmangeoff
One of my all-time favorites was "Hoyt Axton for Pizza Hut." It featured Hoyt Axton on an empty set (seamless white background, if I recall correctly). He was holding a slice of pizza in his hand. His lines:

Quote:
I'd never marry a girl that didn't like pizza.

{Takes a bite of the pizza}

I might play golf with her, but I'd never marry her.

I also like the "Emerald Nuts" commercials.

Geoff
"You must practice your material until it becomes boring, then practice it until it becomes beautiful." -- Bill Palmer
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Just yesterday I had a laugh at the
Capital One ad where the Vikings are out of work as pillagers and have new jobs.
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
I always liked this one for Weetabix:

http://www.weetabix.co.uk/time_machine/1990/video1_hi_wm.asp
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
The car insurance one (Geico, I think) with the squirrels high-fiving each other after causing a car to swerve and crash. Makes me giggle.

Sammy the Kid
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1273 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
This isn't a commercial, but I liked the video on ebaums world where they make a parody of sesamae street and it is really twisted!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I like the old Geico commercials with the cartoon of that little man, who would walk up to a cannon with a button next to it, contemplate both for a few moments, push the button, then be shot in the face with a cannonball.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
There's the one with David Spade where he identifies himself as a different office worked and this big goon chases the guy all over the place.

The one where the guy has a "little bug" bite but when he comes out the tent there's a huge bump on his face.
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
The Poser Mobile guys.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Funniest TV commercials (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL