We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Types of audiences and audience participation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I have noticed that there is a big difference in working for an audience of people that know each other to one that doesn't. When it is a corporate gig most people know each other and when I get someone up on stage the routines seem to go much better than when it is an audience of people who don't know each other. Has anyone else had this experience?

If you do a big circle show on the street the majority of people won't know each other. Any tips for unifying the audience? How long before you go into audience participation routines?

Finally, I love audience participation routines like linking rings, egg bag, cards accross. These type of routines are my favorite types of routines. When I started out doing stand up shows I had a lot of audience participation routines. As a result there was a lot of "dead time" people coming up on stage and returning to their seat etc. I am trying to intersperse audience participation routines with solo routines into a smooth flowing show. Wish I could do it like Mac King!!! Any tips for structuring a show to avoid the "dead time" that sometimes comes with consecutive audience participation routines?

Thanks in advance
Simon
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Types of audiences and audience participation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL