We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire production question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
I have read a few threads on hand fire gimmics and would like some opinion on the best hand fire gimmic for me. I'm not sure the other threads have enough information to get the best answer.

I will be performing at some rock concerts and fire seems like a rock magic idea.I'ld like some thoughts on the best tricks. My initial thought is to produce fire from under a large fowlard a couple of times throughout the routine. (I will produce a few other items from the fowlard as wel.) I want the fire to be quite noticeable from the back of a big crowd. I want to be able to use it throughout the routine. I know I may have to ditch it and retreive it, I will work out the method if nessacary. Big is always good.

I am interested on opinion on hand gimmics as well as invis. tourch, hand dragon, etc.

I am also interested in other ideas than the routine I mentioned.

One more thing-- I am trying to make sure the whole routine will fit into 1 check-in bag for flights.

Thanks!!!!!

Curt
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Try:
Peter Loughran's Ultimate Dancing Cane (has fire)
http://www.ahouseoffire.com Rick Haslett has a lot of big time fire effects
Try contacting Stephan Soule, he created a large flash in the hands effect, don't know if it is on the market or not.

Derek Merdinyan
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
That is a great site for fire tricks--thanks. It gives me some things to ponder in routine building, thanks.

Curt
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Rock and fire magic? Oh yeah, I know all about that.

Visit my website http://www.haywire.cc

I use hand dragons, fickle fire, inviso torches, and flash cannons during my bands performances...

Pm me if you have specific questions about what products work best...

Steven
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I suspect that Jim Pace's Phoenix would be a good addition to the show, assuming that the show has pyro approval and appropriate safety precautions.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Brodavid,

I haven't heard of that yet...

Jim is traveling right now on business I believe, can you describe for us the gimmick or effect?

Steven
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
It isn't really new. Phoenix is Jim's Inviso-Torch reborn and produced again by Jim. The name probably threw you as even Jim uses the two names interchangeably sometimes.

I am sure you know of it with that explanation, but here is a description anyway.

You can be clean with open hands, and then in a moment, (steal the gimmick and) shoot a flame 8"-10" (Or more...) and instantly you are empty handed and clean again.

At around $25, it is great. I use two (one on each side) at outdoor festivals in the evening and night, and people will later swear that I was spitting fire, and shooting fire in all directions Smile

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Thanks BroDave, that is good info. I did not know that and appreciate the description.

Curt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire production question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL