The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gazzo Master Class: Part 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
About Me

I'm a relatively new magician. I don't do regular shows, though I have ventured out twice to do some rope magic (Dennis Loomis's knot routine and David Eldridge's rope and ring stuff), Bob Sheets' "It's the Rules", and Fast and Loose with a length of rope. I practiced Gazzo's cups and balls routine with the full-sized Gazzo cups before I went, but I was reminded that there's a huge gap between knowing something in your head and knowing something with your hands.

About Gazzo

Gazzo is very direct in his criticisms and playfully insults everyone without provocation, but he never made any remark that could be construed as a true insult. He called one guy "hippie" and ran through his famous string of nationality jokes, but at no time did he cross the line to real offense. I've taken master classes in acting, improv comedy, and voice. I'd gladly put Gazzo up against any of the other instructors I've worked with.

If you're worried about not being good enough to be in the class, or if you're concerned that you'll be ridiculed as a beginner, don't worry. Gazzo has been doing this stuff for over 25 years and he has seen so much bad magic that he's over it. Really over it. He will tell you what you're doing wrong, but it's meant as constructive criticism. If you don't want to hear that your fake vanish stinks or that you're flashing your loads, don't go. If you're not afraid to hear and learn from honest critique, do everything you can to get to one of the remaining three classes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Gazzo Master Class: Part 1 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL