The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help With Servante (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Can anyone lead me in the right direction to find a clip on table servante. I checked with Abbotts and they do not have any stock. Any suggestions?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Give me some dimensions of the servante, thickness of table you want to clamp it to etc. and I can probably make one up.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
After trying and failing to create my own good table servante, I hit upon the idea of a "box servante," see http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=115 This might be of interest to you, even though it's not a clip-on (it's actually better, in my opinion, because you don't need any extra hardware and it works on any size or thickness of table).

There are also a number of cloth servantes (the front is a standard table drape, the back is a pocket servante). Check Hank Lee's, Stevens Magic, etc.

If I had a table I really liked, I would consider adding a permanent servante by using a hinged piece of wood that could unfold for performance, then fold up for packing. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
four elements
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of four elements
What type of magic is this for; table, stand up, stage?
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I need a shelf type servante to put thumb tips on. The thumb tips need to either lie flat or can be in the closed end down position. It only need to be 10" x 4 "
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Why not just make one out of gatorboard since you are just holding a thumbtip? Attached it to two spring loaded clips. If you knew the table thickness you could make a you shaped bracket set that just slipped over the edge of the table. You will need a mat to cover the clamping mechanism.

Maybe make a slightly elevated closeup pad that is hollowed out to hid the clamp.

Or I just had a brainstorm. What if the servante was mounted on a cloth flap attached to the bottom of the mat. Two ribbons could run to the corner and velcro the servante in the flat position.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Richard,

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I have some gatorboard and clips that are perfect for a servante. I went ahead and used self sticking black felt to cover the whole thing and works like a charm. I really appreciate the help.

David Williams
Lynetta
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
111 Posts

Profile of Lynetta
If you end up still wanting to purchase a sevante, Dean Dill makes one that I really like. http://www.deandill.com/servante.html It's a good price too at $15.00 and knowing Dean, you know it's quality.

Lynetta
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help With Servante (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL