We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Metal Bending or any bending (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
I didn't know where to post this, so I thought this might be the right place. I am looking to do metal bending effects or anything where something bend like nail, silverware, or keys. But here's my problem. I know there is great videos out there for silverware bending but I can't do the kind of bending where it takes strength like my Dad does to my spoon when we go out to eat. I know there are gimmick ones out there. I bought Barry Price's spoon bend it the gimmick was so hard for me to do. I have arthritis in my wrists and hands but I can hold things and do have some strength. Can anyone suggest maybe anything out there that I would be able to do? I want to bring something in dialysis with me and bend stuff for this guy that always hooks me up to the machine. I know it would blow him away. Either please give me suggestions or PM me on effects of metal bending you may know and tell me the handlings. Thank you in advance.... Smile
§kitch
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
379 Posts

Profile of Bill
Skitch:
There's really a lot of things you can do. The first thing is to realize that you aren't going to be able to bend just any spoon you come across. However, you may want to experiment with various spoons to see if you can bend the lighter gauge, and cheaper ones. You can find these in cheaper restaurants and restaurant supply stores. I don't know how much strength you have in your hands, but several of the bends can be done against your forearm or leg. The leverage is much easier than using your thumb and fingers. If you can't manage that, then have your Dad work the spoons back and forth to "soften" them up. If that's still to hard for you to bend, then use the effect where you just wave the spoon slowly and it bends, then falls off. A great effect.

There are numerous tapes out there. My favorite is the three tape series by Guy Bavli.

Good luck
longbeach
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ont
141 Posts

Profile of longbeach
as far as gimmicks go, menny lindenfeld (I think thats his name) does one called carpenters nightmare, where a nail gets bent. the nail can be examined after, and it's fairly clean. i like it anyways.
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
You could try switching a bent spoon with a normal one. Perhaps a devil's hank.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
You could try Ray Koening's "Bent Cent," where a penny bends into a bowl shape. It comes with all the props you need, and doesn't require you to bend anything by hand. Also, Jay Sankey has a very nice visual coin bend on his "Revolutionary Coin Magic" video. You'd have to prepare a coin, which you'd no doubt need help with, but once you have it you can do it forever.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
There will be an amazing key bending effect out soon by a good friend of mine ,John Born.No gimmicks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Metal Bending or any bending (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL