The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Colored Rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
It's not necessarily a bad thing to raise suspicions, if you can later disprove them. To follow a rope effect that uses gimmicked rope that happens to be colored rope, with one that uses similarly colored rope that is not gimmicked (and can be shown as such), should not only show the innocence of the rope in the later trick, but the former, as well, through assimilation. In the case of two effects used in conjunction with one another, as I just mentioned, the proof of one is brought about through assumption, based on proof of the other. This would obviously be even more true if the audience believed you to be using the same rope, but earlier suspicions are probably easier to dispell than current ones, so the level of proof should be ok, even if given to a lesser degree.

Sometimes the best path for steering the spectator away from the truth is to set them upon a false path, to find out later is a dead end. Proof does not always have to be given ahead of the effect. How much later is up to you.

Not every spider weaves an identical web.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Colored rope looks as much like a magic store prop as a painted box with "chinese" markings on it. Having said that I will use a red rope for contrast if two ropes are required.

I know Al is going to jump on me for saying this again.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Grandpa
It is strictly a personal decision, I am just letting people know all their options. If we were all the same magic would really be dull. You make me sound unreasonable. If I can hook you up with some good white rope let me know.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Al
Sure didn't mean to make you sound unreasonable. You are a fountain of knowledge on the subject of rope magic and I always look for your comments on this, our mutual interest. As for the colored rope business, I'm the unreasonable one. Forgive an old man his fixed ideas!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Colored Rope (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL